rzzK

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Hello, computer geniuses :D

I -just- finished mounting my new PC, like .. 4 hours ago. Everything seemed fine, so far .. until I got some game errors. "League of Legends" stopped working several times. I got one BSOD and then LoL wouldn't launch a few times, until I lowered the OC to 4 GHz. This is what I have:

Intel Core i5 3570k (3,4 GHz Original; OCed to 4Ghz)
CoolerMaster 212 EVO with double fan
AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance Mobo
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB (2 x 4 GB) 1600
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
ATI Saphire Radeon HD 7850 Double-X 2GB
Aerocool Strike-X 500W PSU

I want to OC that CPU to 4,5 GHz at least .. I wouldn't mind 5GHz. At first I put it to 4,5GHz without changing the VCore at all .. and it would boot up and work fine, until I started playing. Even if I put it down to 4GHz, LoL would still crash. I ran Prime95 for about an hour, Blend test. Max Temperature was 81 ºC, from 32 ºC idle. (This time the VCore had +0.07V). No errors, nothing.

League of Legends would run at 532 FPS, but my character just jumps around .. super fast, and I'm forced to activate VSync or cap the FPS at 120. I've also experienced various errors with VirtuMVP.

What I'm looking for is general Overclocking help .. like .. some presets you think would work for both ... CPU and GPU.

Thanks a lot, beforehand. I've been searching like crazy but I can't find anything.