Solved

New Nvidia drivers 196.75 out now!

All versions can be got from here Link removed
39 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nvidia drivers
  1. Someone post some specs of them? Can't see link.
  2. Do you mean the release notes?
  3. * Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_196.75_whql.html
  4. Best answer
    New in Version 196.75

    * Adds support for Next Generation ION.
    * Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
    * Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
    * Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).
    * Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

    Performance:

    * Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
    * Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
    * Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
    * Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
    * Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
    * Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology


    Generic:

    * Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
    * Enhanced SLI support for World of Warcraft and Unigine.
    * Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
    * Includes numerous bug fixes.
  5. Did nvidia ever fix that overclocking issue from the last driver (or the driver before)? I have not heard anything since about that.
  6. paperfox said:
    Did nvidia ever fix that overclocking issue from the last driver (or the driver before)? I have not heard anything since about that.


    That should have been fixed in the beta driver, and thus carried through to this WHQL.
  7. paperfox said:
    Did nvidia ever fix that overclocking issue from the last driver (or the driver before)? I have not heard anything since about that.

    That was fixed within five days (ATi users take note [:mousemonkey]) and this one does not appear to have any problems with Rivatuner.
  8. Thank you both for clearing that up.
  9. So, when will the next Beta drives be released? I'v been running Betas instead of the WHQLs because they seem to be more stable for me, lol.
  10. http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=7551&tag=nl.e539

    He he he.... no wonder I run Beta drives! :lol:
  11. Ahaha, finally. nVidia screws up their software so ATIdiots like me can come laugh.

    @MM, who complained about the GSOD and lost, 'game time/emotional stress',
    Well, consider that nVid's driver issue accounts for both of those. Not to mention a direct loss of a component, which is economical value. Then there's the chance your overheated card damage other components (unlikely; but it can happen).
  12. shadow187 said:
    Ahaha, finally. nVidia screws up their software so ATIdiots like me can come laugh.

    @MM, who complained about the GSOD and lost, 'game time/emotional stress',
    Well, consider that nVid's driver issue accounts for both of those. Not to mention a direct loss of a component, which is economical value. Then there's the chance your overheated card damage other components (unlikely; but it can happen).

    I'm sure there are some, try looking through the various threads where people are complaining of the issue.
  13. Right. And no offence to your opnions when I'm kind of downing on nVid, but it'll lead up to interesting things. Pressure's on nVidia now; they have the GF100 to do, drivers to fix, and rumours to answer. ATI is just fixing the GSOD. nVid pumps out something good, ATI pumps out something better, then nVid...etc...

    All in good business
  14. shadow187 said:
    Right. And no offence to your opnions when I'm kind of downing on nVid, but it'll lead up to interesting things. Pressure's on nVidia now; they have the GF100 to do, drivers to fix, and rumours to answer. ATI is just fixing the GSOD. nVid pumps out something good, ATI pumps out something better, then nVid...etc...

    All in good business

    Drivers are easy to fix, GF100 maybe not so much, rumours can just be waved off but that GSOD :pfff: :lol:
  15. DON"T INSTALL THEM!!!!!

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=7551

    Is this Nvidias way to force people to buy new cards? They must get their business strategies from Goldman Sacks.
  16. maximiza said:
    Is this Nvidias way to force people to buy new cards?

    If it was then surely they would take the ATi approach of spending the next three or four months denying there was a problem before then blaming it on a Window's update after which they would then admit to an issue that only affected some users under certain conditions before issuing two drivers in a row that claimed to fix it but didn't, instead they listened to a few people who complained and withdrew it immediately. Now last time there was a driver issue it took them five days to release a fixed and working replacement, how long has ATi taken?
  17. I ment it more in jest mousemonkey. I was not aware ATI had over heat issues with driver upgrade.
  18. maximiza said:
    I ment it more in jest mousemonkey. I was not aware ATI had over heat issues with driver upgrade.

    Tbh I was not aware there was an overheating issue with these drivers until today because as with the GSOD issue that does not affect all and every 5 series owner, I have had no overheating issues because of this driver.
  19. it might be some strange combination of drivers that the problem manifests itself.
  20. maximiza said:
    it might be some strange combination of drivers that the problem manifests itself.

    It would appear to be the fan control side of the driver that's borked but as I run my 8800's fans direct from the mobo (aftermarket coolers) I have not been affected just like those who are using a W/C loop or have Rivatuner or similar controlling their fans.
  21. Quote:
    have Rivatuner or similar controlling their fans.

    It's funny when 3rd party low budget people can make better software than a big business.
  22. Mousemonkey said:
    If it was then surely they would take the ATi approach of spending the next three or four months denying there was a problem before then blaming it on a Window's update after which they would then admit to an issue that only affected some users under certain conditions before issuing two drivers in a row that claimed to fix it but didn't, instead they listened to a few people who complained and withdrew it immediately. Now last time there was a driver issue it took them five days to release a fixed and working replacement, how long has ATi taken?


    Keep the faith brother lol.
  23. Shadow703793 said:
    Quote:
    have Rivatuner or similar controlling their fans.

    It's funny when 3rd party low budget people can make better software than a big business.

    Hasn't that always been the way though?
    Anonymous said:
    Keep the faith brother lol.


    Yeah, chin up and all that. ;)
  24. Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
  25. Mousemonkey said:
    Hasn't that always been the way though?

    Not really. I'v seen some really cr@py software written by low budget small businesses.
  26. I will be honest guys, my background is more with board level electronics, I am surprised Nvidia does not have a thermistor built in to the video cards to do an auto shutdown or downclock if a driver is defective regarding fan cooling speeds. Actually I don't see why any video card would not have such a redundent fail safe circuit set up. It makes sense if you spend 5 or 6 bills on a video card. The stories of the 295's bricking due to the first rev driver is sad. I mean ouch
  27. I think the temp was being reported wrong which is why the built in safety devices on some cards failed to work, not sure though.
  28. Shadow703793 said:
    Not really. I'v seen some really cr@py software written by low budget small businesses.

    I wouldn't call MicroSoft a low budget business but your right in that they have chucked out some crap, or were you referring to someone else?
  29. maximiza said:
    The stories of the 295's bricking due to the first rev driver is sad. I mean ouch

    Dual GPU cards are an abomination of nature and thus they shall suffer the retribution of the Great Worm Spirit.
  30. Unless they are the 4870x2 whereby they will rock.
  31. Two GPU's on one PCB is just wrong, so so wrong and don't even go there with that sandwich of Satan stuff. [:boudy:3]
  32. When something is this good, it must be bad. Devil's work no doubt.

    Take that christians. Us devil worshipping ati users get all the good stuff.
  33. Meh, the rest of us may be getting http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4277/banana2a.gif but somethings better than nothing, 'erm right.
  34. Bad Mousemonkey. Those bananas seem to be enjoying themselves, and this is a family-oriented forum.
  35. Ain't nothing but fruity herbs.
  36. Mousemonkey said:
    Ain't nothing but fruity herbs.

  37. Mousemonkey said:
    I wouldn't call MicroSoft a low budget business but your right in that they have chucked out some crap, or were you referring to someone else?

    I was actually referring to some cr@ppy software written by a small local company for my school.
  38. Shadow703793 said:
    I was actually referring to some cr@ppy software written by a small local company for my school.

    :) Oh right, I was more talking about some of those "little guys" that gave us some of the greats like ID software and others.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Graphics