New Nvidia drivers 196.75 out now!

Solution
New in Version 196.75

* Adds support for Next Generation ION.
* Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).
* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

Performance:

* Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
* Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
* Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
* Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI...

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
New in Version 196.75

* Adds support for Next Generation ION.
* Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 1.0.9.1 (for supported GPUs).
* Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

Performance:

* Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
* Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
* Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
* Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
* Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
* Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology

Generic:

* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
* Enhanced SLI support for World of Warcraft and Unigine.
* Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
* Includes numerous bug fixes.

Solution

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

That should have been fixed in the beta driver, and thus carried through to this WHQL.

That was fixed within five days (ATi users take note [:mousemonkey]) and this one does not appear to have any problems with Rivatuner.

Ahaha, finally. nVidia screws up their software so ATIdiots like me can come laugh.

@MM, who complained about the GSOD and lost, 'game time/emotional stress',
Well, consider that nVid's driver issue accounts for both of those. Not to mention a direct loss of a component, which is economical value. Then there's the chance your overheated card damage other components (unlikely; but it can happen).

I'm sure there are some, try looking through the various threads where people are complaining of the issue.

Right. And no offence to your opnions when I'm kind of downing on nVid, but it'll lead up to interesting things. Pressure's on nVidia now; they have the GF100 to do, drivers to fix, and rumours to answer. ATI is just fixing the GSOD. nVid pumps out something good, ATI pumps out something better, then nVid...etc...

All in good business

Drivers are easy to fix, GF100 maybe not so much, rumours can just be waved off but that GSOD :pfff: :lol:

If it was then surely they would take the ATi approach of spending the next three or four months denying there was a problem before then blaming it on a Window's update after which they would then admit to an issue that only affected some users under certain conditions before issuing two drivers in a row that claimed to fix it but didn't, instead they listened to a few people who complained and withdrew it immediately. Now last time there was a driver issue it took them five days to release a fixed and working replacement, how long has ATi taken?

Tbh I was not aware there was an overheating issue with these drivers until today because as with the GSOD issue that does not affect all and every 5 series owner, I have had no overheating issues because of this driver.

It would appear to be the fan control side of the driver that's borked but as I run my 8800's fans direct from the mobo (aftermarket coolers) I have not been affected just like those who are using a W/C loop or have Rivatuner or similar controlling their fans.

Keep the faith brother lol.