Phenom II x6 1050T/1090T best north bridge compatability? BE or reg?

romanc99

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I would like to know what motherboard north bridge types are ok to use Phenom II x6, I already have a 785G/SB710 but im not sure if its worth paying another $120 for another motherboard, so is it worth the cash to upgrade? If so can you please explain what nothbridge/southbridge combos are compatible, or maybe i cant even use my motherboard.
( M4A785TD-V EVO USB 3.0 version. )

Also just an extra thing to ask. Should i buy the BE Phenom II x6 for $100 more or does it offer any special overclocking feature like higher durablility/longevity if i have it overclocked... maybe lower temps? i would like to get 4ghz with a Corsair H50, maybe you guys could explain to me the difference between the two before i decide?

That sounds like an Asus numbering system. Go to the Asus website, look up your model number and click on the CPU support tab. It will tell you. I do believe though that Asus has not put the x6 on their CPU support sections yet though but look for big orange "x6 support". The bios support is also important in compatibility.

Your chipset is compatible with the x6. But like I said above, there are more factors. Just look up your motherboard.

No. They are the exact same CPU with the exact same architecture etc. One is simply higher clocked with an unlocked multiplier. An unlocked multiplier means you can change the CPU speed by increasing the multiplier as opposed to having to adjust the base clock. I have heard good stories about the 1055t overclocking just as well as the 1090t.
On a side note, 4GHz is a high goal. Not all CPUs are the same. They were binned for the speeds they run at and a large overclock to 4GHz like you have seen in many reviews is not guaranteed.
There are no temperature differences nor anything else different. They are different Phenom II x6 10xxt models, not different CPUs.

TRENDING THREADS