DX10/DX11 not working

None of the games with DirectX10/11 enabled work on my PC, even though my graphic card supports it and I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I can run them just fine with DirectX9 I have the latest nvidia drivers, and the latest DirectX installed. What to do?
Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7229) (7229.winmain.090604-1901)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
8 answers Last reply
More about dx10 dx11 working
  1. Can you please name the games?

Your card should run dx10 games fine although not dx10.1/11 as it does not have the capability.
  2. The Geforce GTX 260 is not a Direct X 11 card. It is Direct X 10. The maximum you will be able to run is DX10. Some games that have come out recently (Alien Vs Predator included) Only have DirectX 11 or DirectX 9 support. So depending on the game you are playing it will automatically choose your version. Also remember that the higher the direct X the more physical memory your system will be using, it may be time to upgrade those 2 gigs of ram to 4 gigs, especially when 1gig is automatically used by Win 7.
  3. Battlefield Bad Company 2, Alien vs Predator and STALKER: Call of Pripyat. BFBC2 is DX11, AvP is DX11, but STALKER is DX10 and it still crashes in the same manner the other two do.
  4. Any ideas? It sucks not being able to play DX10 even though I have a PC capable of it. :/

Oh, also, I found out I can run DX10 in windowed mode a while ago. It still crashes in fullscreen.
  5. After some research I found out that it has got something to do with the refresh rate, and Win7 being stuck on a certain rate. Mine is stuck at 60Hz even though my screen (ASUS MW221C) supports 75Hz, and I can't find a way to change it.
  6. You should be able to right click your desktop. Click screen resolution->advanced settings->Monitor tab, from here adjust your frequency.
  7. bystander said:
    You should be able to right click your desktop. Click screen resolution->advanced settings->Monitor tab, from here adjust your frequency.

No sh*t? Lol, if it was so easy, I'd change it. Can't change it in NVidia control panel either.
  8. Perhaps you should try to find drivers for your monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics