Gigabyte g41m combo restart after overclocking and sets back 2 default

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Sounds like the motherboard booted up and detected a failure in the overclock and reset the defaults to allow the system to boot. Many of the motherboard from that generation did that to save you from having to reset the defaults manually with the motherboard. I'd imagine there's a problem somewhere with stability of that overclock. Try minute increments when overclocking those chips.

krucifix85

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I am having the same issue.

I *think* it's due to the Mobo's FSB of 1333MHz and our CPU already being rated at that.

Our CPU's FSB are already rated at that figure, (333x4=1332) and as soon as you increase you are running over the Mobo's FSB.

I *think* to OC with this Mobo you need a cpu that can increase its multiplier higher than the 7.5 (and as such, can run at a lower Frequency) than ours will run.

I would like somebody to confirm this for me, as it's been a long time since I've looked at OC.

angadisachin

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

g41m combo has a fsb wall of 339mhz, anything over ok restart , only p 45 mono has 400 mhz fsb, and it is not possible to change multiplier , it is only possible if cpu is unlocked like amd be series and fx series, where u can increase multiplier