Overclocking EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC

rhandyrhoads

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I have recently built a rig with the EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC and would like to know how to overclock it. I have seen guides but they didn't say what temperatures to stop at and they weren't targeted towards this specific GPU. Any guides typed or in links would be appreciated.

halfblazed

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012

I am going to assume you are using EVGA's Precision X.

I usually just put the Power Target to max and increase the GPU Offset by about +20Mhz at a time and then stress test; either the one provided by EVGA or 3DMark11

When it comes to the Memory Offset you can increase that a lot more, most likely about 100Mhz at a time.

Make sure to watch the temps. You don't really want to run the card much higher then 80°C-85°C.

Remember that if the card is already over clocked you are not going to be able to increase the GPU offset the same as you would if the card wasn't over clocked.

For example, if you can only get +150Mhz out of a reference card and your card is already factory overclocked +100Mhz, you are only going to be able to increase the GPU offset +50Mhz.

I have 2 EVGA GTX680 SC edition cards and I am able to get +50Mhz on the GPU and +400Mhz on the memory which gives me about a 5% increase in performance.

Remember that all GPUs aren't created equal so you are just going to go through some trial and error.

Also remember not all games will respond well to GPU over clocks. I can play any game with an over clock except BF3.

Hope this helps.