Sign in with
Your question

Antec Signature 850w vs. Corsair HX 850w

Last response: in Components
May 25, 2010 2:10:37 AM

I have right now these two options. Somehow I ended up buying both of them.
Can someone help with some advice as to which to keep, which to sell?

ANTEC Signature SG-850 850W

Corsair CMPSU-850HX 850W

I don't use SLI or crossfire, just need a silent and reliable power supply.
a b ) Power supply
May 25, 2010 2:29:43 AM

Well those are some serious power supplies you picked out.

The Antec would be my choice but sounds like you dont need anything this powerful.

If you want a good quiet PSU check out SeaSonic units they have units that will shut down the fan when its not under load and even when the fan is on they are practically silent.

But list your full specs of your system sounds to me that you dont need anything close to these kind of power supplies.
May 25, 2010 2:56:12 AM

It's a i7-920, 6GB with:

a Geforce 9600GT.
a Xonar Essence ST
3 HDs
1 SSD
1 DVD drive

And I plan to upgrade it with a much hungrier video card in a couple months. Not much more woth mentioning.

The Antec just arrived, the Corsair will be here too in a few days. Been using a noisy unneficient 500w PSU with no problem.

Just went to Seasonic website. It's presentation is very poor. Surely it can't have anything as good as those two options.
Related resources
a c 246 ) Power supply
May 25, 2010 3:13:19 AM

Presentation of a product doesnt mean a damn thing about the quality of the product, especially with computer components, its how the parts fair in the real world that counts. Seasonic makes the innards of many high end PSUs, they make some very high quality units themselves.

For the system you listed 650W would be more than enough, and the seasonic X650 is 80+ gold certified so its super efficient and doesnt generate much heat. It also did extremely well at JonnyGuru
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...
a b ) Power supply
May 25, 2010 8:31:18 AM

Quote:
SAAIELLO

If you want a good quiet PSU check out SeaSonic units they have units that will shut down the fan when its not under load and even when the fan is on they are practically silent.

He says he's already purchased the PSUs & now needs to sell one of them.
Check for which PSU you get a better resell price & sell that one.
However, if the resell for both of them is nearly same, then let got of the Antec, & keep the Corsair
a b ) Power supply
May 25, 2010 9:42:33 AM

drcrash said:
I have right now these two options. Somehow I ended up buying both of them.
Can someone help with some advice as to which to keep, which to sell?

ANTEC Signature SG-850 850W

Corsair CMPSU-850HX 850W

I don't use SLI or crossfire, just need a silent and reliable power supply.

Who do you love more, mom or dad?.
The answer is extremely difficult. Both PSUs are the best of the best. Very high quality. Delta Electronics (Signature) and CWT (HX850) have done an amazing job.
Anyway, If I must choose one, the Antec Signature would be my choice, therefore I would sell the Corsair HX850 :cry: 
a c 104 ) Power supply
May 25, 2010 2:01:02 PM

Tough call. I think the Signature is the better of the two, but both are so good that you should probably sell the one that will get you the most. Your system would actually run just fine on a good 500W PSU, so feel free to sell both, and then get an Antec Earthwatts or Truepower New.
!