P4m900-m7 fe / E7500 core2 duo won't boot/post

John Doe 69

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Hello, I bought an E7500 to put into my kids biostar mobo. It had a Celeron D 2.66Ghz and ran stable but slow. I bought an E7500 2.94Ghz 1066fsb CPU and it makes some clicks but doesn't post. No beeps, No POST, nothing. I updated the BIOS and still get nothing. It worls fine with the Celeron. Is there a trick to getting this mobo up and running with the E7500 or is the CPU bad? I find it hard to believe that a brand new cpu could be bad but I know the mobo works. Any ideas?

John Doe 69

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
The mobo is: P4m900-m7 fe Supposed to run up to the E7600 3.06Ghz Core2 Duo, 3.6Ghz Pentium D, 3.6Ghz Pentium 4, 2.6Ghz Celeron Dual Core or 3.33Ghz Celeron D.

Biostar suggested I update to the newest bios, which I already had before seeking their tech support or posting here. I've been told by Intel that their Pentium series has a 99.999% reliability rating and it's almost always the mobo (problem with a previous pc).

Anyway, I guess I'll have to try this CPU in my EVGA 790i Ultra SLI mobo and see if it posts. I was hoping not to have to do this since that pc has a ton of crap crammed into the mid-tower and takes forever to strip and rebuild.

John Doe 69

Distinguished
May 25, 2010

I tried everything but pulling a stick of RAM since it runs with the old CPU on both sticks of RAM. I will try that tonight. If that doesn't do it should I return the CPU to the vender?

D

Deleted member 217926

That is a tough one. I SERIOUSLY doubt you have a dead CPU but hell anything is possible. The odds are against it though.

I would if at all possible try it in another MB. Biostar and even more VIA are basically junk in my experience so even though that board "supports" the new CPU it still may just be the board not working correctly. If it was a good motherboard doing what you describe I would say it is the CPU but with an iffy MB..........

John Doe 69

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
I'll be putting the E7500 in my system tonight to test it.

If this cpu is good and it's a compatibility issue, what mobo's would you recommend?

I found these but know nothing of them:
ECS G41T-M2 (V1.0) Core 2,
ASUS P5KPL-CM,
Biostar GF7100P-M7S,
Foxconn G41MX-E,
ZOTAC NF610I-E-E

If I have to buy a new mobo I won't mind upgrading the ram to dual channel 1066 ddr 2 or 3 as long the FSB is 1066 and has at least one ATA133 controller. I'd like to keep the cost of mobo/ram at $120 or less.

I used to have two of these before I managed to ditch them both of which failed. Cpu support is very limited but some have managed to get such cpus as the e5200 to work but had to manually set to ware proper defaults would works (underclock). Over all I suggest that you get a new board and save your self the headaches that I had to go through. Also the NB is very sensitive to heat but runs cooler than most except you still need after market chipset cooler when pushing 300/1200 on the fsb.

D

Deleted member 217926

Wow lol. You might just be the most unlucky person ever to get a dead CPU :p

Seriously I do believe Intel when they say the have a 99.999% reliability rate. Oh well glad you found the problem at least.