New System build ~$500

vojnik

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within a week

BUDGET RANGE: $500 US After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Battlefiled BC2, Fallout 3), Internet

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS(Win 7 Home 64 Bit)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: Other than AMD, I really don't know

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1280x1024 (May upgrade in 6 months.)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I am all mixed up between which processor to get and which GPU to get. I have been reading the forums as well as the articles and each time I attempt a build on my own it doesn't seem to work out right. Either the price is to high or the components don't appear to be what I need. When I built my first pc a few years ago it seemed so easy.

Based on the articles I have read I was headed for the Athlon II X3 440 and the GeForce 9600 GT for the GPU. I don't know if that will give me a system to last for at least 2-3 years though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hmm ok about $480AR
saqm.jpg

vojnik

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Wow. Thanks for such a quick reply. Getting ready to order the items now but I had one last question.

I opened up my old PC tonight and saw that my old power supply is 575 W. Am I better off with the 575W or it won't work well with the AMD board and GPU? I checked Newegg and its no longer listed. I think its about 2 years old.

Once again. Thanks.

shubham1401

Distinguished

Which brand PSU is it?

If it is a no-name 575W PSU then the EA500 is much better than that 575W :)

You can save some bucks by getting this card which performs the same as GTS 250:

HD 4850:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102824&cm_re=4850-_-14-102-824-_-Product