Closed Solved

Help need a good 1366 motherboard that can go sli

Ok need a new motherboard as I officially fried my Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3, so need a good recommendation of a new board that supports SLI below $200 and when I mean below $200, I dont meant $199.99 Thanks.

Please dont ask why I fried my motherboard.
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help good 1366 motherboard
  1. You could opt for an open box option.. Such as this -

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Products.aspx?Item=N82E16813131665R
  2. Link fixed here.. Can't seem to edit for some reason..

    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131665R
  3. I would go with the ASRock X58 Extreme3, as my final choice (since I can't go with the $199.99 ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 :D )
  4. how about the ud3r its only about $10 more I think I could allot for that
  5. As you noticed, no one listed the UD3R as there are to many related issues with the board. It is no longer a highly recommended board within this forum. I would go with any of the boards listed above or spend the extra cash for at least the ASUS Sabertooth X58.
  6. tecmo34 said:
    As you noticed, no one listed the UD3R as there are to many related issues with the board. It is no longer a highly recommended board within this forum. I would go with any of the boards listed above or spend the extra cash for at least the ASUS Sabertooth X58.



    issues like what? and any good gigabyte boards cause I don't really trust ASUS that much but if you say its good then I guess its good
  7. UD3R -> {known H/W issues; and in general very problematic MOBO} http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/276715-30-x58a-ud3r-raid-bsod-disk-boot-failure It's great on paper or in a very simple configuration, but the UD3R appears here too often to be coincidental.

    The ASUS P6X58D-E is how the UD3R 'should be' and runs very well!
  8. jaquith said:
    UD3R -> {known H/W issues; and in general very problematic MOBO} http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/276715-30-x58a-ud3r-raid-bsod-disk-boot-failure It's great on paper or in a very simple configuration, but the UD3R appears here too often to be coincidental.

    The ASUS P6X58D-E is how the UD3R 'should be' and runs very well!



    alright screw the budget is the Asus P6X58D-E better than a sabretooth and pros and cons please ;)
  9. Single to Dual Card Setup, SABERTOOTH is equal to the P6X58D-E with the better value... IMO

    Tri-card setup, the P6X58D-E is the way to go.
  10. tecmo34 said:
    Single to Dual Card Setup, SABERTOOTH is equal to the P6X58D-E with the better value... IMO

    Tri-card setup, the P6X58D-E is the way to go.



    uhhhh I just found a nice board as I said screw the budget so its the

    ASUS Rampage III Formula do you think its worth the money and cant decide between 2 gtx 460's or 1 gtx580 with room to upgrade in the future
  11. SABERTOOTH X58 vs P6X58D-E the P6X58D-E is 16+2 phase vs 8+2+2 ; so I don't recommend the SABERTOOTH X58. In addition the P6X58D-E supports 3-WAY CF/SLI vs the SABERTOOTH X58 2-WAY.

    The Power {Stability} alone justifies the small price difference. I get budget but I too get value and logic.
  12. If you can afford the Rampage III formula, then surely go for it.. Its probably the best X58 board out there..
  13. Ehh, the 'best' i7 1366 MOBO 'currently' available is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9; it too is the ONLY GA MOBO I can recommend with a straight face.
  14. jaquith said:
    Ehh, the 'best' i7 1366 MOBO 'currently' available is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9; it too is the ONLY GA MOBO I can recommend with a straight face.


    so bottom line is since the ud9 is too much I should get either the rampage iii formula or the P6X58D-E or the P6X58D Premium right
  15. Best answer
    I would go with the P6X58D-E and used the savings over the ASUS Rampage III Formula to purchase/upgrade another component for your PC.
  16. kyleguy298 said:
    so bottom line is since the ud9 is too much I should get either the rampage iii formula or the P6X58D-E or the P6X58D Premium right


    No point considering the P6X58D Premium.. You can opt for an open box version of the R3F to cut down on the costs..
  17. tecmo34 said:
    I would go with the P6X58D-E and used the savings over the ASUS Rampage III Formula to purchase/upgrade another component for your PC.



    Thanks will get the p6X58D-E
  18. I agree with the ASUS P6X58D-E, I have 9 running 7/24 since July and zip issues!
  19. Best answer selected by kyleguy298.
  20. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Motherboards SLI Gigabyte