Sign in with
Your question

DO anyone has any idea wat can be de problem??

Last response: in Components
May 25, 2010 12:30:06 PM

hello every one...

my rig is
p4 3.0GHz windows xp
d101ggc and with 512 mb of RAM and 512mb of graphics ATI XPRESS 200.
it is almost old about 5years.

now when ever i play videos and games or any graphics intensive program the pc hang........
so lets categorise what can be the problem.....

1.VIRUS
2.OVERHEATING x
3.GRAPHICS HAS GONE OLD
4.DRIVERS x
5.THERMAL PASTE x
6.DUST x
7.VOLTAGE. x

I have insured that there is no overheating,no dust aftr cleaning,drivers are properly installed,cant be the thermal paste(Cause if it had been then the temp would have been increasing and there are correct voltages...

so what can be the problem.......

reply soon....

More about : idea wat problem

May 25, 2010 2:07:43 PM

Just to clarify, the exact same videos /games /unspecified graphics intensive programs did work perfectly fine before?
Can you give us more details on "it hangs"? Do you get any errors?
What games/programs/videos are you talking about? specifics are useful.
m
l
May 25, 2010 3:29:32 PM

enzo matrix said:
Just to clarify, the exact same videos /games /unspecified graphics intensive programs did work perfectly fine before?
Can you give us more details on "it hangs"? Do you get any errors?
What games/programs/videos are you talking about? specifics are useful.

Okay....

Suppose i started Conflict global terror and played 15 min after that the pc stops responding and hangs so i have to restart.NO ERRORS NOTHING AT ALL.
before with everything same worked fine but now it sucks dude.And i am talking about any game or video or programs which are more graphic intensive.

suppose i play CS 1.6 it take hour to hang but increasing the graphics load by playing the conflict global terro hangs the pc in just 15 min.May be the card is gone old.Poor old card has gone jammed up.]

also.

thanks for reply .............
please help
m
l
Related resources
May 25, 2010 3:48:45 PM

The PC is really old... there must be a few components ( i mean components like chips, mosfets, resistors, capacitors, etc... )that are no longer working as they used to. It will be impossible to troubleshoot at that level or even fix it. Perhaps time for a new PC?
m
l
May 25, 2010 7:18:12 PM

randomkid is right. The components in your pc are showing their age & causing more production of heat, which is why the system freezes. Definitely time for a new rig.
m
l
May 25, 2010 7:34:54 PM

ksampanna said:
randomkid is right. The components in your pc are showing their age & causing more production of heat, which is why the system freezes. Definitely time for a new rig.

Yep. There's really nothing to do. If you've done everything, checked temperatures with a program like HWmonitor, checked dust and bios settings, it's unlikely that we'll be able to find anything. Still, if you have the time, it doesn't hurt to try the following:
-create a memtest86 boot disk and let run for 8 hour. If there are errors, your memory is bad.
-run prime95 for 8 hours. If there are any errors, your CPU is bad.
-run furmark last. It's likely that, just like with everything else graphics intensive, it will just crash.
-Reinstall windows. Just to eliminate any possible software issues.
-Just to make sure, when you checked for dust/thermal compound/temperatures with HWmonitor or similar program, you checked both the CPU and GPU?
m
l
!