'New Game' problem

I'm running T2 okay under XP but today, when I wanted to start a
completely new game, it wouldn't take me to 'Running Interference' -- it
keeps flipping me to 'Soulforge'. Can anyone suggest a fix, please?
--
Terry Pratchett
2 answers Last reply

    "Terry Pratchett" <tpratchett@unseen.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I'm running T2 okay under XP but today, when I wanted to start a
    > completely new game, it wouldn't take me to 'Running Interference' -- it
    > keeps flipping me to 'Soulforge'. Can anyone suggest a fix, please?
    > --
    > Terry Pratchett

    make sure the strings folder eg thief2/strings/
    doesn't contain the missflag.str file sometimes using darkloader to play fan
    missions it doesn't delete
    the files in the strings directory.

    also check the user.cfg file and make sure non of the starting_mission lines
    have the ';' missing from the front of it, eg soulforge mission in the
    user.cfg file should look like this.
    ;Sabotage at Soulforge
    ;starting_mission 15

    the user.cfg file is in the thief2 directory.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    In message <411aef89.0@entanet>, Belboz <alien@daboys.co.uk> writes

    >make sure the strings folder eg thief2/strings/
    >doesn't contain the missflag.str file sometimes using darkloader to play fan
    >missions it doesn't delete
    >the files in the strings directory.
    >
    >also check the user.cfg file and make sure non of the starting_mission lines
    >have the ';' missing from the front of it, eg soulforge mission in the
    >user.cfg file should look like this.
    >;Sabotage at Soulforge
    >;starting_mission 15
    >
    >the user.cfg file is in the thief2 directory.

    Thanks, I'll investigate.
    --
    Terry Pratchett

Games Windows XP Video Games