Partition

How do I set up partitions? My computer has 80 gigs.
I want my programs to run faster since there is hardly anything on it.
thanks

Separate issues really but use the Disk Management snap-in
Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"VR_Girl" wrote:
| How do I set up partitions? My computer has 80 gigs.
| I want my programs to run faster since there is hardly anything on it.
| thanks

You can only use XP's native environment and Disk Management for this
process if there is already available unpartitioned space. If this is a
completely blank hard drive, you can set up multiple partitions during XP
setup. However, if XP is already installed and there is no unpartitioned
space, there is no non-destructive means within XP to accomplish this. You
would need a third party application such as Partition Magic or System
Commander to handle this task.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User