Stiff card in Canon S1

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b } Memory
December 1, 2004 9:15:29 PM

I recently bought a refurbished Canon S1IS.

Everything is fine with it except that memory cards are reluctant to be
inserted and removed. It's as if the card connector is slightly
misaligned with the card guides. I'm concerned that, over time, a
connector pin will eventually break off.

Any other owners have this problem? Is there an easy fix?

Angus

More about : stiff card canon

Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 1, 2004 9:44:00 PM

Haw Angus

D'ye ken thit thir a twa kinds o CF cards?

A thik wan and a thin wan (ithirwize known as CF1 and CF2)

Is thir a chance yir yaizin the fat wan?

"angus" <l_angus_c@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a refurbished Canon S1IS.
>
> Everything is fine with it except that memory cards are reluctant to be
> inserted and removed. It's as if the card connector is slightly
> misaligned with the card guides. I'm concerned that, over time, a
> connector pin will eventually break off.
>
> Any other owners have this problem? Is there an easy fix?
>

> Angus
Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 1, 2004 9:44:01 PM

Aerticeus wrote:
> Haw Angus
>
> D'ye ken thit thir a twa kinds o CF cards?
>
> A thik wan and a thin wan (ithirwize known as CF1 and CF2)
>
> Is thir a chance yir yaizin the fat wan?

S1 takes both CF1 and CF2.

> "angus" <l_angus_c@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I recently bought a refurbished Canon S1IS.
>>
>>Everything is fine with it except that memory cards are reluctant to be
>>inserted and removed. It's as if the card connector is slightly
>>misaligned with the card guides. I'm concerned that, over time, a
>>connector pin will eventually break off.
>>
>>Any other owners have this problem? Is there an easy fix?
>>

>>Angus

a b } Memory
December 2, 2004 1:01:38 AM

Aerticeus wrote:
> Haw Angus
>
> D'ye ken thit thir a twa kinds o CF cards?
>
> A thik wan and a thin wan (ithirwize known as CF1 and CF2)
>
> Is thir a chance yir yaizin the fat wan?

No, I use standard Canon oem cards (16 and 32 MB) plus a couple of
256's. All have the same physical dimensions. They all slide smoothly
into both my A-60 and a friend's A-75. They only time they ever bind is
in my S1.

Angus
Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 2, 2004 1:23:58 AM

have you discussed this with the seller?

It may be a tiny flange in the moulding (camera side & guessing)

Aerticeus

> Aerticeus wrote:
>> Haw Angus
>>
>> D'ye ken thit thir a twa kinds o CF cards?
>>
>> A thik wan and a thin wan (ithirwize known as CF1 and CF2)
>>
>> Is thir a chance yir yaizin the fat wan?
>>

> No, I use standard Canon oem cards (16 and 32 MB) plus a couple of 256's.
> All have the same physical dimensions. They all slide smoothly into both
> my A-60 and a friend's A-75. They only time they ever bind is in my S1.
>
> Angus
Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 2, 2004 2:54:17 AM

Yes, I know

It was my opening dialogue in attempt to estimate the poster's experience of
matters technical

It is always difficult to estimate cause & effect links remotely.

At the mo' it suggests somethings amiss provided the account given is
accurate

Aerticeus

!