Help with fittings/layout?

wizh

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
With the kind help from you guys on here I managed to pick out a pump and a top/reservoir that I'd be using:

D5 motor only and ek xres csq 140 ml.

Mounting of the res/top:
ek-d5_x-res_800_1.jpg

Extremely fail picture of my loop made in paint:
28w2o1t.png

I fail to see how it would work with the outlets/inlets. Could anyone enlighten me as to what fittings i would need? Also from the cpu to the 240mm rad in the roof: would a 45 or a 90 degrees fitting be best?

Finally: how would I go about adding a T-line? I suppose it would be just before the pump?

/wc noob out.

You don't need a T-Line, you have a reservoir,
You'll need two fittings per component, and a 45' for the Cpu wouldn't be necessary, but could make things easier for tubing routing,
check out the W/c sticky up top as well as the W/c gallery for some pointers
Moto

wizh

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the fittings I was mostly need advice on what angles I would need for the top/res - I don't quite see how it's supposed to work out. You say I don't need a t-line since I've got a res. How would I drain the loop from the res?

**I was mostly need advice on what angles I would need for the top/res **
Thats why I suggested looking through the gallery, see how others have set resses etc up and borrow from them to suit your needs,
a T-Line for draining would go at the lowest possible point in the loop and plugged at the loose end, when you want to drain you unplug it over a bath or sink,
If you don't have a T-Line then you would remove the filler/bleedport cap from the reservoir and attach a length of tubing to that, I'm assuming that top has a port at the top for bleeding purposes?
this lets you have a longer length of tubing Drainline but you don't have to store it in the case, you just attach it as you need to then put it back in the drawer until next time
the other way is to pop a tube and just let it all drain out that way, ghetto style,
You are looking ahead to flushtime which a lot of folks don't think to, you are on the right track man :)
but again, the Sticky and W/c gallery are full of pertinent info here,
Moto

wizh

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

Thanks a bunch for all your advice. The reason as to why I'm looking forward into flushtime is only because I bled my loop "ghetto style" already ;)

And yes, it seems that the res do have a port at the top for filling/draining - I'll use that method!

I can't really find other people with this unit in particular, that's one of the reasons why I posted this thread - trust me, I googled alot.. I don't see what ports on the top are inlet/outlet? From the pictures on the EK website I figured that the outlet was on the right side of the logo: then it would be facing the hdd rack? That doesn't really make any sense to me :/

Again, thanks for taking your time to reply to my nooby questions - I only did one wc buld over the time and that was with a dual bay/res.

Ports on resses with pumps attached can be considered inputs or bleed ports as the pump is the output port, you'll have to go over the unit and see which is the output, and work from there, identify channel routes so you know X port feeds to the res, Y port comes from the pump,
from the top pic you posted I'd suggest the lower left fitting is the output and the higher right one the res feed, physics wants you to be taking the output from a mass, if the output was higher than the input you might get problems with a solid flow,
I'm sure EK will have mentioned in the paperwork which is the outlet port though, maybe worth checking through that when it arrives
Moto

wizh

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012

Sounds reasonable! :)

I'll go ahead and order the parts, and hopefully it'll be sorted out.

Do you suggest that I get more angled fittings than the one 45 degrees for the cpu to the radiator?