Sign in with
Your question

Help. Sata Frozen. No boot. Tried and googled.Got pass. PICS in MSG .

Last response: in Storage
April 11, 2012 5:49:45 PM

Hi there

I've googled and searched everywhere. At this point, im yawning and angry to have to type all this out, but I went ahead and took pictures of the screens that i am seeing so you have a better idea.

I have this clients computer, he cant boot up. So the boot up to Windows 7 results in this :
http://www.thepctechguys.com/IMAG0138.JPG

So then, I take a look in the BIOS, and now i see that the sata port is frozen, which is pictured below of bios screen :

http://www.thepctechguys.com/IMAG0135.JPG

Im a decent tech I think... But I've tried using Hiren's, looking at what tools it has and figuring out how to get around this. i do have the password for this drive, though there is really no way to let me try and enter it, it seems to just want to lock me. Im not sure what security mode it was set it. I've read about erasing everything, secure erase, how the heck do i do that, what program.

I've tried booting mini xp, no drive shows up

There is lots of bios beeps when i access the drive from spinrite, usually when its in the i guess sectors at beginning that say it locked.

Sata says FROZEN, and i want to get the hell out of this mode (smart data reports via HDAT2)

Frozen/disabled

Any ideas ? HDD regen? its hitachi, I've checked their site as well, no luck.. Whats a way to get this working again.

LAPTOP = E440 Emachines, i know piece of a crap. But i have to fix this .
April 11, 2012 6:32:29 PM

try setting bios to default or change from ide to ahci to see if that helps
m
l
April 11, 2012 6:40:01 PM

You may have already tried this, but have you tried to reinstall Windows 7 and just do a repair? I looked up the error code, and I think it may be a registry error. I'll try to look it up again.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 11, 2012 7:10:53 PM

Email the mainboard manufacturer,
A BIOS Security Feature Locked your Drive.
m
l
April 12, 2012 2:40:05 AM

Ok, im half decent at doing my own work, so what do i need to do Flash the bios .. will HDD regenerator work, ive tried hdtune but in api mode, i cant secure erase..

Ive hooked it up to another computer but its not working, and taking forever to load a drive or do anything

The Smart status under Hirens various programs reports the drive is around 79 percent health. Im not a dumbass to buy an emachine, or an acer, but im looking after this computer and trying to sort it out,

so let me know what to do. i have the damn password, but right now ive disabled it

I restored the bios . to default

no luck

2nd then

changed ide to achi (was achi mode before) so ive tried that.

have hooked it up through a sata to usb adapter (Dealextreme love it)

Its a laptop, so a cmos battery removal will not work because of the memory chip.

And a bios flash is tricky. I have acccess to any programs related to hard drives, so send me suggestions

its not a repair ability via windows 7 because its on the physical layer, as windows will report there is no hard drive. Though the BIOS will report there is indeed a drive.
m
l
!