Solution
Of those three, the crucial is the most reliable.
Of those three, the OCZ is likely the fastest.

That said, I wouldn't buy the OCZ for reliability concerns and I wouldn't buy the Crucial unless it was for a laptop that didn't need good speed because write access kinda licks. I rock the Samsung 830s in my laptop and the Intel 520 in my desktop - both are fantastic. Unfortunately, they're not inexpensive
Intel 520, even beats the OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS. But these are 120GB models. Intel does make a 60GB, but 120GB performs better, even still are 256GB.

Of the 3, Crucial (1st time I've said that!). Asychronous NAND is the slowest.

Don't go cheap, and don't go small, but get what you can afford. You won't be disappointed.

game junky

Distinguished
Of those three, the crucial is the most reliable.
Of those three, the OCZ is likely the fastest.

That said, I wouldn't buy the OCZ for reliability concerns and I wouldn't buy the Crucial unless it was for a laptop that didn't need good speed because write access kinda licks. I rock the Samsung 830s in my laptop and the Intel 520 in my desktop - both are fantastic. Unfortunately, they're not inexpensive

Solution

theprofessional

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2002

Just to clarify, the Crucial m4 has Sync NAND, not Async "it empowers high-speed synchronous MLC NAND"

foxman09

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
This is an old post but I want to mention that I have been using a OCZ Vertex 3 for a few months and I have never been closer to crying and throwing a computer into a bathtub full of ACID more times than I have with this FREEZE Drive. The people on their forums give you a million solutions and updates for the Drive and guess what, it's all snakeoil. I cannot keep my PC case closed because I have to unplug the freaking drive at least 5 times a week. I hate it and I'm installing my OS onto a regular 7200 DEPENDABLE HDD later today because I'm so fed up. I won't invest in another SSD for at least 3 years. I thought it my just be OCZ but I've read too many SSD eff ups on so many forums to be coaxed into trying it again anytime soon. I can live with an extra few seconds/minutes/hours of combined load time a year from a HDD because it will be 1/100th of the time I'll spend trying to fix a SSD drive.

TRENDING THREADS