Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Antec 1200 questions??

Last response: in Systems
March 16, 2010 8:24:58 PM

I don't use a lot of harddrives but I would like to use all the 3 fans at the front of the cages, so my question is do you have to remove
the cage in order to put in an ATI 5870 or will it fit as long as I dont put in any HD???
My 2nd question is about the insert fan on the back of the cages, I was wondering if you were able to get extra so I would be able to add one
to the 2nd and maybe 3rd cage, if you know of where to buy one, or if you know a guide to mod one let me know.
3rd I am still in process of scouting parts, so if you know of a better case for 200 and below with
several fans and plenty of room and great cable management let me know, the other contenders are Thermaltake Spedo, CM 840 and maybe thaf 932!
Thanks for any reply

More about : antec 1200 questions

March 16, 2010 10:01:19 PM

Salt-City_Slasher said:
I don't use a lot of harddrives but I would like to use all the 3 fans at the front of the cages, so my question is do you have to remove
the cage in order to put in an ATI 5870 or will it fit as long as I dont put in any HD???
My 2nd question is about the insert fan on the back of the cages, I was wondering if you were able to get extra so I would be able to add one
to the 2nd and maybe 3rd cage, if you know of where to buy one, or if you know a guide to mod one let me know.
3rd I am still in process of scouting parts, so if you know of a better case for 200 and below with
several fans and plenty of room and great cable management let me know, the other contenders are Thermaltake Spedo, CM 840 and maybe thaf 932!
Thanks for any reply

1st Question: No you don't have to remove any of the cages to put the 5780 in the case, as long as you don't have a hard drive in the cage (possiblely the extra internal fan... you'll have to look for sure. I was able to use it with my dual GTX 260 Core 216's, so it might fit)

2nd Quesion: I'm not sure if you can buy a extra one... I looked on Antec's site and couldn't find anything. You best bet would be to call them and see if you can purchase one.

3rd Question: You have pretty much listed that cases I would have recommended, except maybe add the Cooler Master CM690 II Advance, Antec 902 and HAF 922, which are all room mid-size cases.

This gives you an idea of what the Antec 1200 case looks like with components in it....

m
l
March 16, 2010 10:11:42 PM

Cool I thats good I mainly am looking for a case that has tons of fans or really good cooling, and second space for some 5870's with out mods or removing.
I did like the advanced 2 it was one of the first cases I liked.
I will have to check out the other 2, I have been looking at the spedo, ATCS 840 and the bx-500. I really don't like the haf, its not me.
I do prefer the black finish and blue led but both are not important if it has tons of fans and gpu space atleast 11inchs to give me breathing room
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 16, 2010 10:32:21 PM

ATCS 840 would be my first choice outside the Antec 1200, if I was getting a full size to replace it. My next case will be smaller for use at LAN parties. The 1200 gets heavy to carry from place to place. :) 
March 16, 2010 11:08:39 PM

Well when I lan party we just go pay the 2.50 at the local lounge. If I do lan party we just get on Team Speak and talk over the headphones, so it won't leave my room and I really don't care how much it weighs or its size as far as full size cases go.
I like the 840 I just don't like that it dosen't have any fans and the fan on the front has the big cover so I am not sure how much air gets through. But the fan on the back behind the pci slots, the air duct thing that is super cool.
m
l
March 16, 2010 11:20:24 PM

Don't have a lounge in Cincy, OH that I know of... It is cool to get 10 to 12 people in a basement gaming... Better trash talking in person, plus pizza & beer :) 

The front of the ACTS is like a mess material that air can get through just fine... I agree with your other comments on the case:
m
l
March 17, 2010 12:13:22 AM

Oh I thought it was solid and sucked through the sides. I like the front air of the 1200 it is useful and is the most air I have really seen that comes through the front.
It dose have the 2 back exhaust which I really like, cause I plan on getting a H50 hydro cooler and I wanted to use the 2 back exhaust fans from my case for a push pull setup and use the stock fan for the 2 exhause hole. Then I heard that people were using it on the top, front and side. I though about it and if I set up the H50 through the internal fan then its getting all that fresh air coming in(which is on either one), and I would have a real happy cpu.
m
l
March 17, 2010 12:28:00 AM

I thought about getting the H50 but could never justify the cost for little to no cooling performance increase over a good air cooler at medium overclocks (3.2 to 3.4). My Dark Knight will pretty much equal the performance for less. You look at a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ and the cost to benefit goes way down... IMO.
m
l
March 17, 2010 12:36:24 AM

You know I havent really looked into other cpu cooling!
I just alwasy assumed I would get the H50, but its about
the only thing I havent really did research on.
I havent any idea of what would work good.
It actually would make sense to get a super air pusher esp. if I get the 840.
I just thought about how I could get tons of air through the 840, the only way is front to back so I would have to get something really good to push all the air,
check out this guys 840, he told me he dosen't have any air issue's lol
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/278147-28-atcs-spedo-...
m
l
!