Sign in with
Your question

Flash playback is incredibly choppy.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 3, 2010 2:35:34 AM

Hey guys,

For the last few months now I find that streaming videos online can be quite an irritating process. I've been googling the issue for weeks and have not been able to find a goof fix for it. Basically streaming flash videos online can be supper choppy for me and can cause my entire browser to lag up.

When streaming youtube videos it works fine most of the time, unless of course I watch them in HD, which is when it'll most likely start spazzing out on me, and also when I stream videos off blip.tv it's incredibly laggy as well. I've never had this problem before and it only really started after I did a clean re-install of Vista a few months ago. All my drivers are up to date and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Flash 10 multiple times.

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated, here are my PC specs if you need to know them:

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit (Service Pack 2)
Intel Core2 Duo T5750 @ 2.00GHz
4.0GB RAM
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Quicktime video also works flawlessly and my PC games run without a hitch.

Thanks again in advance!
-Paul
March 10, 2010 8:14:36 AM

Hi Paul,

It seems like i have a similar problem with you. The audio keep going but the video stuck and it only in fullscreen HD youtube videos and it has been going on for a while. Ironically, my system spec:-

Athlon II x4 620 @ 2.6Ghz
OCZ 2GB ram 1066Mhz
ATI RADEON HD5750 1GB

i suspect it must be something with graphic driver.

regards Rip
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2010 12:05:28 AM

Have either of you uninstalled Catalyst and reinstalled it?
m
l
!