AMD ATHLON II X2 240

chrissmartin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I AM USING AMD ATHLON II X2 240 ON WINDOWS 7.and have 1.25GB of ram.i have a asus en8400gs graphics card.when i am shutting down the computer it is very slow and hangs in "shutting down windows" mesage.after a few minutes it shutsdown.why is it slow?

Solution
I would say it is your lack of RAM Win 7 runs really slow with anything under 2 GB and preferably should have 4 GB. The slow down is because instead of the computer doing all of the tasks needed to shut down via the RAM it uses the hard drive via the page file which can slow even a modern system down to a crawl.
I would say it is your lack of RAM Win 7 runs really slow with anything under 2 GB and preferably should have 4 GB. The slow down is because instead of the computer doing all of the tasks needed to shut down via the RAM it uses the hard drive via the page file which can slow even a modern system down to a crawl.

Solution

logainofhades

Titan
I actually did pretty good with 1.5gb and win7 with my laptop which I have used both an T2310 and a T7700 in. Maybe you have too many background apps running. Ever do a msconfig to keep unnecessary programs from starting up? Your lack of ram is making the job take longer, I do not argue that, but disabling programs you do not need running all the time would be a big help due to your low ram amount.

chrissmartin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010

there is nothing working in the background.