Solved

Overclocking and fsb

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • Chipsets
Last response: in Overclocking
January 21, 2013 4:53:37 AM

Hi I have never done overclocking before so if there is any term mistake or the question is stupid forgive me.

Basically I have heard that Cpus should be overclocked on boards with p67/z68/z77 chipset but other chipset boards can too squeeze 200-400 Mhz out in some cases.My question is that can a particular cpu with unlocked multiplier be overclocked on a board whose max fsb support is same as that of the current fsb of the cpu ? Basically , can overclocking be done keeping fsb intact ?
-

More about : overclocking fsb

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2013 2:13:39 AM

Yes overclocking can be done through the cpu multiplier so long as the cpu has an unlocked multiplier, such as the Intel K series or any amd fx series cpu. Always keeping in mind the M/B must also support overclocking (hence the chipset mentioning that you did above).
m
l
January 22, 2013 6:34:36 AM

mlcaouette said:
Yes overclocking can be done through the cpu multiplier so long as the cpu has an unlocked multiplier, such as the Intel K series or any amd fx series cpu. Always keeping in mind the M/B must also support overclocking (hence the chipset mentioning that you did above).

tHANKS A LOT. what would be the best software for minor overclock from desktop ? basically a all-round that can handle both amd and intels.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2013 5:05:11 PM

Software based overclocking apps are usually intel or amd dependent. It is highly recommended that you only overclock through bios.
January 23, 2013 3:26:06 AM

Best answer selected by SPEED94.
m
l
!