Solved

Overclocking and fsb

Hi I have never done overclocking before so if there is any term mistake or the question is stupid forgive me.

Basically I have heard that Cpus should be overclocked on boards with p67/z68/z77 chipset but other chipset boards can too squeeze 200-400 Mhz out in some cases.My question is that can a particular cpu with unlocked multiplier be overclocked on a board whose max fsb support is same as that of the current fsb of the cpu ? Basically , can overclocking be done keeping fsb intact ?
-
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking
  1. Yes overclocking can be done through the cpu multiplier so long as the cpu has an unlocked multiplier, such as the Intel K series or any amd fx series cpu. Always keeping in mind the M/B must also support overclocking (hence the chipset mentioning that you did above).
  2. mlcaouette said:
    Yes overclocking can be done through the cpu multiplier so long as the cpu has an unlocked multiplier, such as the Intel K series or any amd fx series cpu. Always keeping in mind the M/B must also support overclocking (hence the chipset mentioning that you did above).

tHANKS A LOT. what would be the best software for minor overclock from desktop ? basically a all-round that can handle both amd and intels.
  3. Best answer
    Software based overclocking apps are usually intel or amd dependent. It is highly recommended that you only overclock through bios.
  4. Best answer selected by SPEED94.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Chipsets