Sudden XP problem

Last response: in Video Games
August 12, 2004 5:15:55 PM

I have been running T1, T2, and FM's on XP for quite a while now, but all of
a sudden all these now crash when I run them. They load fine, but when I
move the game crashes by locking up the whole system. I must reboot.

It started when I tried to play the FM Konkurrant, but no one else on the
TTLG forum seems to have a problem after loading this FM.

All other software and games, including T3, run just fine, so it must be a
Thief-XP problem. Has someone had this problem and solved it?

Thanks

More about : sudden problem

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:02:29 AM

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:15:55 -0400, "John Webb" <jwebb7@cox.net>
wrote:

>I have been running T1, T2, and FM's on XP for quite a while now, but all of
>a sudden all these now crash when I run them. They load fine, but when I
>move the game crashes by locking up the whole system. I must reboot.
>
>It started when I tried to play the FM Konkurrant, but no one else on the
>TTLG forum seems to have a problem after loading this FM.
>
>All other software and games, including T3, run just fine, so it must be a
>Thief-XP problem. Has someone had this problem and solved it?
>
>Thanks

I had similar problems after installing T3. After installing T3, I
couldn't get Darlloader/FM's or T1 and T2 to work right. My PC would
freeze at the instant the mission was about to begin. I managed to
fix the problem by applying a "fixed" thief.exe file I got from
thecircle.com. This exe fix was for nvidia cards so it may not work
for you. The filename was thieffixedg.exe but I had to rename it to
just thief.exe in order for it to work properly. When I left it named
thieffixedg.exe I would get prompted to insert CD2. Hope this helps;
hope you get it working.
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 10:51:59 AM

"gums" <noreply@all.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:15:55 -0400, "John Webb" <jwebb7@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I have been running T1, T2, and FM's on XP for quite a while now, but all
of
> >a sudden all these now crash when I run them. They load fine, but when I
> >move the game crashes by locking up the whole system. I must reboot.
> >
> >It started when I tried to play the FM Konkurrant, but no one else on the
> >TTLG forum seems to have a problem after loading this FM.
> >
> >All other software and games, including T3, run just fine, so it must be
> >Thief-XP problem. Has someone had this problem and solved it?
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> I had similar problems after installing T3. After installing T3, I
> couldn't get Darlloader/FM's or T1 and T2 to work right. My PC would
> freeze at the instant the mission was about to begin. I managed to
> fix the problem by applying a "fixed" thief.exe file I got from
> thecircle.com. This exe fix was for nvidia cards so it may not work
> for you. The filename was thieffixedg.exe but I had to rename it to
> just thief.exe in order for it to work properly. When I left it named
> thieffixedg.exe I would get prompted to insert CD2. Hope this helps;
> hope you get it working.

I have an ATI card, but I tried the "fixed" theif.exe file anyway. It had no
effect one way or the other. I kind of doubt that T3 brought the problem
about because it loads into its own folder, separate from the Thief2 folder.
!