Sign in with
Your question

ASUS - Sandy Bridge Motherboards

Last response: in Motherboards
a c 235 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 15, 2010 6:47:47 PM

We are now getting our first glimpse of the new ASUS Sandy Bridge motherboards... http://techreport.com/articles.x/19982

The board that has caught my eye is the new ASUS Sabertooth P67, seen below. The "tactical jacket" is an interesting feature for a motherboard. Here is a description of the "tactical jacket"... The Tactical Jacket is a plastic piece designed to direct airflow over various onboard components. Beneath its flat exterior lies a network of channels that pipes airflow generated by a CPU cooler to auxiliary peripheral chips that would otherwise have to rely on ambient convection

a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2010 7:12:24 PM

Definitely a really cool design there. Assuming the directed airflow really works, I wouldn't be surprised to see more motherboards coming out like this. I mean, we don't need all those sensitive electronics parts exposed, where they risk being shorted-out or physically damaged.

Reading through some of the article, I caught this interesting fact that may already be widely known: "Of the 17, 10 will be based on the P67 chipset, which won't work with Sandy Bridge's integrated graphics."

So Intel creates a new processor with built-in graphics, then releases a chipset that doesn't use those graphics? I really hope they're working on their GPGPU drivers so P67 owners see some benefit from SandyBridge's GPU.
Related resources
November 16, 2010 2:13:37 PM

looks like a nightmare to clean... gotta take all your cards out and then however the jacket comes off to dust... what a pain
January 4, 2011 6:43:05 AM

What's the price of these babies?
!