Your question

Turns off after 1-2 seconds!

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
March 17, 2010 1:48:53 AM

So, you guys are the experts, and that's what brings me here! My system of 5 years died! I custom built it back in 2005 and everything was running great until the other night! I had discovered nTune from Nvidia and ran it. a few hours later ( I had gone to sleep for the night and left the computer on. I did this every night) it turned itself off. Now when I hit the power button it turns on, then turns off almost immediately! I removed every connection to the Mobo except the 24 and 4 pin connections, disconnected the HD, HDD's, RAM, Video card, etc... only thing connected was the mobo and the CPU, same problem. I then removed the Mobo battery for 10 seconds or so, put it back in, moved the reset CMOS jumper over for a few seconds to reset that, disconnected and reconnect my PSU, and still same result. I then purchased a new CPU and installed it, still will not turn on. I tested my PSU with my Multimeter, and all of the Voltage readings are within their specs. I am at a loss here at what to do!

System ran hiccup-less ever since I got it!

EVGA 133-K8-NF41 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 89W Dual-Core Processor
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWINX2048-3200
APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL/500 Silver / Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply
EVGA 256-P2-N518 GeForce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! :love: 

More about : turns seconds

a b B Homebuilt system
March 17, 2010 1:56:44 AM

Go through this checklist, it helps to narrow down possible issues
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...

Running an auto overclocking program over night was not a good idea on such an old system, check your motherboard and look for any capacitors that are bulging or blown, it may have overstressed and killed something.
m
l
March 17, 2010 2:01:03 AM

I didn't run the program overnight... I ran it, it did it's thing, and my computer was sitting idle with nothing running. it shut off maybe 3 hours after I had ran the program... will go over the checklist and check over the comp and get back to you.
m
l
Related resources
!