HP 960C print 4 x 6 photos?

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 1, 2004 11:00:08 PM

I have an HP960c printer which I like very much. I just bought 4 x 6 HP
Photo paper and I can't get my printer to work with it.

I don't get an error message it just sits there and says "printing" but
nothing happens.

How do you put the 4x6 paper in so the printer picks it up?

--
Joan P. Quinn
http://home.earthlink.net/~j.quinn/index.html

More about : 960c print photos

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 4:15:38 PM

"Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message
>I have an HP960c printer which I like very much. I just bought 4 x 6 HP
>Photo paper and I can't get my printer to work with it.
>
> I don't get an error message it just sits there and says "printing" but
> nothing happens.
>
> How do you put the 4x6 paper in so the printer picks it up?
>

> --
> Joan P. Quinn
> http://home.earthlink.net/~j.quinn/index.html
> "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a
> dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen

In my HP 930C, I take out all other paper and put this kind of paper on the
right, face-down in landscape position, all the way in. Basically, it is
like putting in an envelope.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 10:02:58 PM

Thanks. I got it working in portrait, with the 4 across the top and the
six down the side but I can't get it to pick up the other way. Strange.

"Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message

> "Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message
>>I have an HP960c printer which I like very much. I just bought 4 x 6 HP
>>Photo paper and I can't get my printer to work with it.
>>
>> I don't get an error message it just sits there and says "printing" but
>> nothing happens.
>>
>> How do you put the 4x6 paper in so the printer picks it up?
>>

>> --
>> Joan P. Quinn
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~j.quinn/index.html
>> "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a
>> dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen
>>

> In my HP 930C, I take out all other paper and put this kind of paper on
> the right, face-down in landscape position, all the way in. Basically, it
> is like putting in an envelope.

December 3, 2004 4:40:55 PM

> Thanks. I got it working in portrait, with the 4 across the top and the
> six down the side but I can't get it to pick up the other way. Strange.

It is hard to push paper in far enoiugh with just your fingers. I sometimes
use a plastic ruler to push short paper into the printer to where the
rollers pick it up.

> "Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message
>>>I have an HP960c printer which I like very much. I just bought 4 x 6 HP
>>>Photo paper and I can't get my printer to work with it.
>>>
>>> I don't get an error message it just sits there and says "printing" but
>>> nothing happens.
>>>
>>> How do you put the 4x6 paper in so the printer picks it up?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Joan P. Quinn
>>> http://home.earthlink.net/~j.quinn/index.html
>>> "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a
>>> dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen
>>>

>> In my HP 930C, I take out all other paper and put this kind of paper on
>> the right, face-down in landscape position, all the way in. Basically,
>> it is like putting in an envelope.

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 10:55:43 PM

Great tip, I will give it a try.

> "Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks. I got it working in portrait, with the 4 across the top and the
>> six down the side but I can't get it to pick up the other way. Strange.
>
> It is hard to push paper in far enoiugh with just your fingers. I
> sometimes use a plastic ruler to push short paper into the printer to
> where the rollers pick it up.
>

>> "Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message

>>> In my HP 930C, I take out all other paper and put this kind of paper on
>>> the right, face-down in landscape position, all the way in. Basically,
>>> it is like putting in an envelope.

Anonymous
December 5, 2004 4:12:42 PM

You probably need to change from portrait to landscape.
Go into your printing program and open it up. Or even maybe print preview
( I guess). I hardly use that feature.
Look around til you see properties. It might be next to your printer name.
Click on that.
You should see a folder with tabs.
Click on basics.
Pick on landscape or portrait.
Click on paper quality.
Change to what applies especially that borderless thingy.
See if that works.
Also try page setup.
You can change from portrait to landscape there.
Sorry, I don't have that printer but hp's usually work in the same fashion.

"Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message
> Thanks. I got it working in portrait, with the 4 across the top and the
> six down the side but I can't get it to pick up the other way. Strange.
>
> "Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message
> >>I have an HP960c printer which I like very much. I just bought 4 x 6 HP
> >>Photo paper and I can't get my printer to work with it.
> >>
> >> I don't get an error message it just sits there and says "printing" but
> >> nothing happens.
> >>
> >> How do you put the 4x6 paper in so the printer picks it up?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Joan P. Quinn
> >> http://home.earthlink.net/~j.quinn/index.html
> >> "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a
> >> dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen
> >>

> > In my HP 930C, I take out all other paper and put this kind of paper on
> > the right, face-down in landscape position, all the way in. Basically,
it
> > is like putting in an envelope.

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 12:10:02 AM

"Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message

> "Joan Quinn" <j.quinn@owegony.net> wrote in message
> >I have an HP960c printer which I like very much. I just bought 4 x 6 HP
> >Photo paper and I can't get my printer to work with it.
> >
> > I don't get an error message it just sits there and says "printing" but
> > nothing happens.
> >
> > How do you put the 4x6 paper in so the printer picks it up?
> >

> > --
> > Joan P. Quinn
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~j.quinn/index.html
> > "Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a
> > dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen
> >

> In my HP 930C, I take out all other paper and put this kind of paper on
the
> right, face-down in landscape position, all the way in. Basically, it is
> like putting in an envelope.

I have a 960c and I put them in on the right hand side. You have to set up
the printer software setting properly though for landscape, if I remember
correctly. It will work.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 11:01:56 AM

I have an hp photosmart 7960 and it does a beautiful job on all I have
tried to print. However, it can drive you nuts trying to get it to print
until you have finally found out what it is and/or not doing. Did you
get the 4 x 6 inch with or without tabs? It does make a difference.
Also, be sure to go to the printer (click on upper right corner) and
select the paper you are using, then be sure to select the propber tray
the paper is in (on mine it is upper for the 4x6). Then click OK and it
will go back to the "print" page, select the portrait or landscape,
whichever format you want. Be sure that it shows proper size, then tell
it to "print". I don't know why but mine will keep showing that it
wants to go to upper tray, even though I am printing 8 x 10. ???? If you
are already doing all the above and it still doesn't work, then, sorry,
I give up too.
--
Arch (San Antonio, Texas)

My Photo Galleries: