F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO in a P55M-UD2

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
You are not likely to (statistically speaking) get many responses to your question, as stated.

Start a new thread with the title "Is this RAM compatible with this mobo?" ...

POST PRODUCT LINKS *ALONG WITH * the product description(s) (for each part) in your openning post.

If you will do this, our techs will tell you if the RAM is compatible.

Further, you should give as much info as you possibly can about WHY you are asking and what you are trying to do. We may have faster/cheaper/better solutions.

= Al =

I have the H55M-UD2H Mother board and Installed 10666CL7D-4GBECO7
Selected Profile 1 in Bios. It set the timings correct, but did not set the voltage to 1.35. The Bios does not have that option (Bios Ver 9), it has 1.30, 1.40. 1.50 ect. it seems to like using 1.44 V. I will try 1.3 setting and see what I get. Currently runing a very mild OC, 3.3 GHz.

I would say yes as there is not a lot of diff between yours (1600, CL7-8-7-24-2N) and mine which is 1333 CL7-7-7-21-2N.

Based on the MB Bios I think I should have opted for the 1.5V, depending on if selecting 1.30 in bios lowers the voltage, and it maintains stability.

Added: I just set it to 1.300 V in bios, It comes up @ 1.33 (CPUID HWMonitor) and 1.328V in Gigabyte's easytune 6. Currently runing Prime 95 to verify stability (Also in process of lowering Vcore as SIMPLE OC in Easytune 6 sets it alittle on the High side, I believe it was 1.33 V. Was stable at 1.265 and am trying 1.250 and will decrease to as low as possible while maintaing stability.

i5-750ish

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Thanks Chief! I'm about to buy some RAM for the UD2, but the G.skill G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ on Giga's QVL was out of stock where I was shopping, but the eco series is available. Plus I was planning to use 8 gigs, so the lower voltage could be an advantage.

If you can keeping lowering the voltage and maintain stability, you could end up selling power back to the grid! :D

Although you are using the H55M-UD2 and I have the P55M-UD2, I expect the boards are similarly picky about ram.

Thanks for your detailed info.

i5-750ish

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010

Thanks, Alvin. In my panic of not finding decent ram on Giga's QVL for the P55-UD2, I skipped a lot of the important details and assumed the genius techs here read minds as a hobby.

I'll start another thread now that the urgency has faded.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Well, for those of us who have a table of CAS timings, cross referenced with memory and mobo model #s, right on the tip of our tounges ... shoulda been a cinch.

Definately not an "off the top" proposition for such as myself. So ... I had hoped that spoon-feed links might improve the reference factor.

= Al =