Debug LED HELP!! on xfx 750i

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Hi there,

I got a new XFX 750i mobo today and everything is connected and good to go.
when i first turn on the comp the debug led shows an "FF" and then is followed by
an "d0" and stays stuck on it?!?! the manual says that D0, D4, D5 Initialize memory port device.
but i have no clue what that mean can some help :D

thank you for answers in advanced!!!

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
My first guess is that your RAM sticks are not fully seated (one of them, anyway).

ALL those codes should be listed in your mobo manual and at their site.

READ THE "BOOT PROBLEMS" STICKY THREAD AT TOP OF THIS FORUM's MAIN PAGE

This document (Authored by ShortStuff) ABSOLUTELY WILL solve or isolate your problem.

Read very carefully! Assume NOTHING ! Skip NO steps ! Do not "blow off" or trivialize or discount any point or suggestion or instruction "therein". Do not assume that (for instance) you are not ignorant enough to have placed a standoff in an improper location ... Do not assume that you seated the GPU all the way ... etc. check everything it tells you to. Do not skip over anything. TAKE NOTES !!!

= Al =

irishredbloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
how many sticks of memory do you have? what kind? what slots?

First, make sure your memory is compatible. I found this out the hard way.

Second, make sure your memory is seated appropriately. If you have one stick in slot 1, the second needs to be in slot 3. Same if you have a stick in slot 2, the next must be in slot 4.

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

i fiiiinally got it solved...turns out it was the cpu cuz xfx upgraded the bios and was no longer
compatible with the pentium D line so i bought a core 2 and it works fone :)

church64

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

my last psu (500w) fried cuz it couldnt handle it but i got it from bestbuy cuz i needed a quick fix.
I can't remember the exact price but it was around $140

don't go for low wattage!