Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why does LGA 1366 have...?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 16, 2010 4:40:09 AM

Why does LGA 1366 have more than four pci e slots?Is it soo we can double SLI or double crossfire?What is it practical for?Forgive me for my ignorance.And please do tell me does having a 4gb ram X2 better than having a 2gb X4 ram?

More about : lga 1366

Best solution

a c 87 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 6:32:23 AM

Like they say the more the merrier........
well anyways, it has more PCIe slots since it can handle more quantity of Data at higher speeds, there is no term like double crossfire or double sli. The term used is Quad SLI and Quad CF....
Yes that is a possibility for more PCIe slots but there are other uses of that slot too, add on storage, RAID controllers USB3 Cards, SATAIII Cards, PCIe Storage, HiFi Audio Cards, etc etc
Basically, Having more PCIe slots means more Data throughput for the board to the processor and the peripherals.... thus implying, faster and greater computing power.....
Having 2 sticks of 4Gb RAM is better than Having 4 Sticks of 2Gb RAM because of the Upgrade options for later on.....
Since 4 Stick will occupy all the slots it's better to go for 2 stick of greater capacity. it also depends on the Mobos some function better with all the slots occupied and some function better with just half the slots occupied.

November 17, 2010 6:08:28 AM

Quote:
well anyways, it has more PCIe slots since it can handle more quantity of Data at higher speeds, there is no term like double crossfire or double sli. The term used is Quad SLI and Quad CF....

Arent such things impractical?May I know the uses of having Quad SLi at work?
Score
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 17, 2010 6:23:51 AM

^^Impractical in what sense? If you mean overkill... then it mostly depends on the user building the PC and not what seems logical.
Score
a c 87 V Motherboard
November 17, 2010 6:27:35 AM

If you're gaming at work :)  then yes it's great, also with video encoding and other Graphic intensive applications it's of a lot more value to have a quad SLI or CF setup.
This sort of setup is used by enthusiasts and the gaming and video industry.
They may seem impractical to the home user but as far as the other industries like designing, game makers, fashion, CAD/CAM industries go, this is a big blessing in disguise.
Score
a c 221 V Motherboard
November 17, 2010 3:30:45 PM

All 1366 MoBo's do not have 4 PCI-E slots. There are some that do (i.e R3E) but most have 1 or 2. AT work, unless you are in some kind fo graphics industry or otherwise require hi level gfx performance, you'd get a 1 or 2 slot board.
Score
November 18, 2010 3:34:56 PM

Best answer selected by Zulfadhli.
Score
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2010 6:11:42 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!