Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need Help in choosing Ram

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 16, 2010 5:22:23 AM

My PC Config is ,

Amd PhenomIIX4 945 3ghz
Asus M4A78T-E
Transcend 2GB DDR3 Value ram
Seagate 500GB Sata
Corsair 550w PSU

Now i am gonna upgrade another 2gb ram

Kingston Value ram or Hyperx ram ??
Which one should go for ??

Note : I am not going to OC ...... Since i need xtra power PSU !!

More about : choosing ram

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 5:47:36 AM

Since you already own a single stick of 2Gb Kingston Value Ram.... I'd suggest you go for the same make and brand and timing again.
But if you have 2 x 1Gb stcks and are planning to do away with them, then upgrade your RAM to the HyperX series... they're a lot more better than the Value series .
I think they come in packs of 3 X2Gb DDR3 that's how I got mine, they were for approx 10K INR a year ago, now they ought to be cheaper, so go for them..... they're great value for money.....
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 6:00:35 AM

Your current PSU is good enough to handle a good amount of overclock on your CPU.. As for the memory, its best to implement the same memory modules like explained above by Alyoshka.. You mentioned having Transcend brand memory so might as well look for that one only.. Kingston is a far better brand however..
m
0
l
Related resources
November 16, 2010 6:01:11 AM

alyoshka said:
Since you already own a single stick of 2Gb Kingston Value Ram.... I'd suggest you go for the same make and brand and timing again.
But if you have 2 x 1Gb stcks and are planning to do away with them, then upgrade your RAM to the HyperX series... they're a lot more better than the Value series .
I think they come in packs of 3 X2Gb DDR3 that's how I got mine, they were for approx 10K INR a year ago, now they ought to be cheaper, so go for them..... they're great value for money.....



In four available slot , I already have 2gb 1333mhz single stick transcend value ram .
Now i am upgrading another 2gb
Which one should i go for ??
I have got quotes for kingston
kingston 2gb 1333mhz (Single Stick) Value : 1750 INR
kingston 2gb 1600mhz (Singe Stick) hyperx : 2400 INR
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 6:03:27 AM

You have to go for the Same RAm in that case,
kingston 2gb 1333mhz (Single Stick) Value : 1750 INR
This is the one that will work

EDIT:
Sorry, can't you get your hands on a Transcend RAM of the same type?
If you can then I'd suggest you buy that one,
Transcend and Kingston are different companies, it's not a good idea to mix and match makes.
If possible either go for 2 Transcend or then go for 2 Kingstons.....
m
0
l
November 16, 2010 6:18:39 AM

alyoshka said:
You have to go for the Same RAm in that case,
kingston 2gb 1333mhz (Single Stick) Value : 1750 INR
This is the one that will work

EDIT:
Sorry, can't you get your hands on a Transcend RAM of the same type?
If you can then I'd suggest you buy that one,
Transcend and Kingston are different companies, it's not a good idea to mix and match makes.
If possible either go for 2 Transcend or then go for 2 Kingstons.....


ok .... i will go with transcend .
I got quote for transcend 2gb 1333mhz (single stick) Value : 1850 INR ....

In future upgradation with remaining two slots , i can go for 2x2 transcend or 2x2 kingston ..... Right ?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 6:24:10 AM

No..... Not advisable again..... for a further upgrade you'll need to go for the 2 X2Gb of Transcend RAM 133MHz.....
Stick to them.....
And later when you feel you need to change or Upgrade the RAM go for 4 X 4Gb GSkills... they are available here but at a pretty steep price.....
http://techshop.in/store/gskill-ripjaws-series-ddr3-133...

But I doubt you'll ever need more than 8Gb of total RAM.....
And be sure, to utilize anything more than 3 GB of RAM you need to be on a 64Bit OS.
Share
November 16, 2010 6:57:45 AM

ok . I will go with same brand with same timings for all four slots .....

Transcend , Kingston , Corsair - Which one is better ?
for 4gb memory - 4x1 , 2x2 - which one is better ?
1333mhz , 1600mhz - Which one is better ?
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 7:01:26 AM

Corsair..... 1600MHz....... 1 X4Gb Slots would be worth the price.....:) 
m
0
l
November 16, 2010 7:17:06 AM

alyoshka said:
Corsair..... 1600MHz....... 1 X4Gb Slots would be worth the price.....:) 


1 x 4gb is better than 2 x 2gb ?? why ?
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 7:25:20 AM

No, I'm not saying it's better , but for you upgrading later on it'll be easier.
And yes, In a way, it is better cos that way you'll use less power and have a few more resources free for the system to utilize.....
m
0
l
November 16, 2010 8:09:15 AM

alyoshka said:
No, I'm not saying it's better , but for you upgrading later on it'll be easier.
And yes, In a way, it is better cos that way you'll use less power and have a few more resources free for the system to utilize.....


ok . I am gonna remove old transcend 2gb now and buy corsair 4gb

Single stick 4gb 1600mhz not available here , so ....


4gb 1333mhz single stick
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair+4GB+(1+x+4GB)+DDR3+1333MHz+Desktop+Memory+(CMV4GX3M1A1333C9)_C6P8646.html

OR

2x2gb 1600mhz
http://cgi.ebay.in/CORSAIR-XMS3-4GB-2-x-2GB-DDR3-SDRAM-...

Which one should i go for ??
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 8:25:21 AM

Considering that you might never need to go for more than 8gigs of ram, get the 2 x 2GB modules.. The 1600 MHz clock speed will give a good overclocking headroom too..
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 9:36:47 AM

Agree with Emp, go for the Corsair 2 X 2Gb mods...... at 1600MHz
m
0
l
November 16, 2010 11:30:48 AM

alyoshka said:
Agree with Emp, go for the Corsair 2 X 2Gb mods...... at 1600MHz


I have another Doubt ....
In Corsair website , they have divided memory modules for Intel and AMD .....
the product that is available here in india refers to memory module for intel .....

This is the one .... http://cgi.ebay.in/CORSAIR-XMS3-4GB-2-x-2GB-DDR3-SDRAM-...

I have searched many online stores and the result is the same .....
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 11:35:00 AM

That's the main reason I suggested the Kingston HyperX 1600..... that's available here and is compatible with the rig.
I got mine from Techshop and they do an amazing job of everything, but incase you want to go for a specific model then all you need to do is write to them and they order it for you after sending you a quote of the price....
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 81 V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 11:38:54 AM

The one I have are 2 Sets of 3 X2GbKHX1600C9D3k3/6GX...... that's the exact model number....
Making a total of 12 GB DDR3, I have 2 MSI 790FX GD70 Boards and ones got 8Gb in it and the others got 4 GB in it, both Vista 64bit ultimate.....One had a Athlon II X4 620 in it ans the other has a Phenom II X2 555BE with it's cores unlocked to 4 Cores.... :) 
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
November 16, 2010 5:10:11 PM

Whenever in doubt with memory compatibility, opt for kingston memory modules.. They have the widest compatibility across all platforms..
m
0
l
November 26, 2010 5:34:10 AM

Best answer selected by vasanthancs.
m
0
l
!