Coolmaster hyper tx3 evo

pulce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hi, i'd like to know how a coolmaster hyper tx3 evo is better than the standard fan of e7500.
What is the max freq with that fan?
My mobo is Asus P5k-se and my ram is Corsair DDR-800.

EzioAs

Distinguished
Yes, it's better, way better. It's the lowest/cheapest cooler I recommend for people to replace the intel stock cooler.

I think you meant fan speed (rpm). Based on Cooler Master's website, it's 2800rpm max. It is PWM.

pulce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
The clock speed of E5700 is 2.93GHz, but i already overclock it to 3.3 Ghz, by standard fan. [ram runs to 887Mhz]
The next week i will have the new fan Coolmaster.
And another thing: what is a good thermal paste?

EzioAs

Distinguished
There's the Noctua NT-H1 and Arctic Silver 5. However, most aftermarket cooler comes pre-applied with good thermal paste already like how my Hyper 212+ came. They even included a small syringe if you want to reapply thermal paste in the future.

EzioAs

Distinguished

I don't know about that. I've never owned an E7500. 3.3GHz sound pretty good already but maybe 3.5GHz is achievable.

pulce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
And so, today i have set up the new cooler but the temp of cpu remain 40C as before by the old cooler. The temp of mobo is 30C. Before by old cooler standard Intel the paste thermoconductive was in worst condition, but now i put new paste...
I don't understand...
Vcore=1.25V

pulce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I added a fan in front of mobo and the temperature lowered to 25C, but the temperature of cpu remained to 40C.
:( :heink:
I am trying where do i put the other fans...

EzioAs

Distinguished
Are those idle temps? You can't expect idle temps to go much lower since 40c is pretty good already. How about max load temps? Try running prime95 blend test and see how high it gets.

pulce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
yes, those are the idle temps. I run prime95 for 2 hours: the temp raises to 47C max but it is not costant: it raises before and then slow...
The speed of fan of cpu remains almost costant: 1100rpm low with respect to 2200rpm max. During the test the case is open and the Tcase is 34C max...
(When the case is close the Tcase is about 25C but Tcpu is allways 40C in idle.
I forgot: the freq of fsb is 266MHz.
I dont' understand... :( :heink:

pulce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I think that i put too much thermal paste because i tryed to add an another fan behind the diss of cpu but the idle temp remained costant...

pulce

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
And so i have oc: fsb@310, cpu@3400MHz, and i run burnP5 (stress test) for 2 hours. The result is that the computer is stable.
The temperature is 40C in idle and 50C under load (burnP5).
The speed of the fan is remained <1050rpm. [i add a small fan in front of chipset of mobo and it is near the cpu so it helps to cool the cpu, i think]
So i guess that the thermal paste is not the guilty. For absurd: if the guilty was thermal paste, then the temperature is expected to grow much more...