Athlon vs Phenom gaming build..

I'ld like you guys to go through some of these builds and help me come up with the best custom builds from each.

Please tyy and keep the budget under $700

Build 1: Athlon Build
https://www.ewiz.com/system_conf.php?preid=83

Build 2: Phenom build
https://www.ewiz.com/system_conf.php?preid=84

Build 3: Phenom build
https://www.ewiz.com/system_conf.php?preid=73

Just post the links of your finished builds (by clicking "Add to Cart" when through).

Any help will be appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about athlon phenom gaming build
  1. Custom builders aren't a great idea. You're paying a lot more for a lot less. Here's a great under $700 build:

CPU/Mobo: X4 635 and Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 $230 after rebate
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $115
    GPU: HD 5770 $150 after rebate
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 500 GB $55
    Case/PSU: Antec 300 Illusion and Earthwatts 650W $125
    Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $23

Total: $698.
  2. MadAdmiral said:
    Custom builders aren't a great idea. You're paying a lot more for a lot less. Here's a great under $700 build:

CPU/Mobo: X4 635 and Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 $230 after rebate
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 $115
    GPU: HD 5770 $150 after rebate
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 500 GB $55
    Case/PSU: Antec 300 Illusion and Earthwatts 650W $125
    Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $23

Total: $698.

Your ld is quite OK.

The only problem is that i a limited to online shops that offer international shipping. :( :(

Plus i save a bit more from this site by custom building, rather than purchasing individual parts.
  3. Where are you located? There are plenty of good component retailers around, and you could probably find the same parts at those sites.

And you don't save money buying a prebuilt. You lose money. Try putting all of that into whatever custom builder's site you want, and I guarantee that's it's more than $700. I'm gussing closer to $900-1,000...
  4. MadAdmiral said:
    Where are you located? There are plenty of good component retailers around, and you could probably find the same parts at those sites.

And you don't save money buying a prebuilt. You lose money. Try putting all of that into whatever custom builder's site you want, and I guarantee that's it's more than $700. I'm gussing closer to $900-1,000...

I'm in Keya, Africa.

I checked sout some South Africa sites, found that it costs more to buy from them than to buy from the US + shipping.

I thought ewiz.com offers a great custoom building system at good prices. The rig i assembled from them cost me a little less than purchasing all the same individual parts from Newegg.com.

Try it and see.
  5. I get $667, but without the extra fans that come with the Illusion version, USB 3/SATA III board, the newer X4 635, CL 7 RAM, and a 5770. Adjusting those differences:

Case: $15
    CPU: $20
    Mobo: $20
    RAM: $10
    GPU: $20

Total: $752.
  6. MadAdmiral said:
    I get $667, but without the extra fans that come with the Illusion version, USB 3/SATA III board, the newer X4 635, CL 7 RAM, and a 5770. Adjusting those differences:

Case: $15
    CPU: $20
    Mobo: $20
    RAM: $10
    GPU: $20

Total: $752.

Huh.... i see! :cry: :cry:

Still like i said, my options are limited.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Phenom Systems Product