Hi guys,

I just built a new system for myself.

the specs

Biostar ta785g3 HD
AMD Sempron 140
4Gb DDR3 1333 (@1600)
2 80Gb seagate sata drives in RAID 0
Windows 7 x64

My problem, as the title suggests, is that I cant get video out of the DVI or HDMI ports on the motherboard (HD4200). I have a matching pair of HP1740 LCD's and a 42" vizio LCD. I can get video out of VGA just fine, but not a peep from anything else. I originally thought this was because i was using a DVI-VGA adapter on one monitor, but I just got a DVI cable thinking that would fix it up. nope. and much to my dismay, I also bought an HDMI cable for the vizio and nothing is coming out of that either. I just re-installed the latest drivers /catalyst control center. I am at a loss, I have emailed biostar to see if they have any suggestions because im pretty sure its a hardware problem. on every other system I have used dual monitors on you get some kind of output at the bios level no matter what, and like i said, I havent gotten a peep out of that dvi port. Im hoping its just some setting i can change in bios. and please dont tell me I need to go back to xp. I just got to DX10...

autocannibal

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
i can modify settings relevant to my northbridge and my southbridge under the NB settings I dont see anything that is obviously the issue. under the default grafics header i can select from a list of GFX0 - PCI - GPP - and something else. in different orders, i figured that might be it but i tried all combinations and nothing. again im running a biostar ta765g3HD flashed to the latest bios update.

silvercalf

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Hey autocannibal,

did you find a solution for your hd 4200? I'm experiencing exact the same problem except of I've tried only dvi-vga adapter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.