AMD Phenom II X6 1055T help help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahm12

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Hi guys,
ok i bought Amd phenom ii x6 i bought this motherboard with it..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157176

now here is the problem it does support x6 processer but with the bios 1.50,
and i can c on the motherboard sticker it says it has 1.40 version of bios..

now what should i do if i put x6 processer in it will it boot up ???

or i have to borrow some old am3 processer from somewhere to just update the bios ??

ummm... Why don't you just try it and find out... duh.

If it boots up, great, it might not be looking like you want it to but at least you'll be able to get online and install the latest bios then have everything working fine. If it doesn't work, see if you have a friend or someone willing to loan you their AM3 CPU

ahm12

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
yes the cpu did boot up , windows showed unknown cpu, updated bios and now showing the full cpu name...

i have a question for phenom x6 owners.. is the stock cooler fan loud??

mine is very loud omg,

Epeus

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I got my 1055T (along with the rest of my new rig) about 3 weeks ago, and yes, that stock fan is a bit of a turd. While it does the job (if you're not overclocking), it's tenaciously loud and irritating.

If you can spare the extra 60 or so dollars, the 1055T overclocks painlessly with the Corsair H50. Depending on your case (that is, if you have enough room AND have a top-mounted exhaust fan), you can implement the dual push-pull fan setup and o.c. the crap out of your chip without even breaking 35C in some cases. For instance, I'm working in an Azza Solano, with the H50, OCd at 3.5/4ghz (no turbo/with turbo) and barely scratching 32C most of the time.

Regardless, what kind of case do you have? Although constrained by available room, there are certainly better options than the stock fan, most of which are more than powerful enough for overclocking within the limits of reason.

ahm12

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008

i m noob about computer building, this is my first build ever,,
now i have a question if i change the cooler, what to do with thermal paste that was pre appllied on the stock cooler ?? because now its on the processer , do i have to clean it and then apply new paste or just paste new thermate on top of the old thermal paste ??

Epeus

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I wouldn't say the H50'd be a waste per se, but the 212 is assuredly a great fan/cooler too (that is to say, agreed, psycho). If you've got the room, anyway. The H50 worked out best for me because of the side intake fan constraining the available room I had to work with, but I think this lil' fella (the 1055T) stays cool enough to not need much fuss.

iqvl

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

Besides, H50 is much better for cases that are "warm" due to the lack of well ventilated design.

Status
Not open for further replies.