Sign in with
Your question

Last response: in Overclocking
January 22, 2013 6:33:22 PM

Ok guys I want to get into watercooling is the a whole kit you can buy in a bundle or have you to get each part individually and if so what would I need? I'm in the UK

More about : newbie

a c 175 K Overclocking
January 22, 2013 11:52:02 PM

First of all you should read the sticky, it explains a lot of the concepts and idea's behind water-cooling, as well as a lot of technical stuff as well.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-...
And yes, you can buy water-cooling kits that come with everything you need to make a CPU loop (except coolant in some cases).

a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 12:28:10 AM

+1 on reading the sticky, I know it's kinda long but do yourself a favor and take the time to read it. There was a lot of effort put into writing it and referencing information that is readily available is redundant and gets old quickly.

If you have any specific questions from the reading feel free to ask about it, there are some very knowledgeable people here that are happy to answer questions that aren't already covered in the sticky.
Related resources
January 23, 2013 6:05:36 PM

Ok thanks for the sticky i'll be sure to read it but my 2 main questions are when I have the kit were do I mount the reservoir and pump?
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 6:58:02 PM

The XSPC kits have the pump preinstalled within the res. which you mount in the 5.25" bays.

Look through the water cooling gallery for ideas on possible other pump/res mounting.
a c 328 K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 10:19:04 PM

ciaranmc2011 said:
Ok thanks for the sticky i'll be sure to read it but my 2 main questions are when I have the kit were do I mount the reservoir and pump?

Really depends on what pump and reservoir you choose...also highly dependent upon your case in question.
January 23, 2013 10:23:57 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Really depends on what pump and reservoir you choose...also highly dependent upon your case in question.

I'll be getting the corsair 800D as it has excellent reviews
a c 328 K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 10:35:21 PM

More importantly, what do YOU think about it?

Why that kit over any other kit?
January 23, 2013 10:41:10 PM

well it has all the parts together, at this stage I don't even know what i need to buy so it's very helpful in terms of all the fittings being correct size and such. But in your honest opinion I just want to know what you think assuming your a seasoned watercooler.
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 11:08:34 PM

If you had read the sticky, you would know what you have to buy.

And rubix is a seasoned water cooler, after all he wrote the sticky. I'm sure he'll be more willing to help once you take the time to learn the basics.
January 24, 2013 12:07:58 PM

mlcaouette said:
If you had read the sticky, you would know what you have to buy.

And rubix is a seasoned water cooler, after all he wrote the sticky. I'm sure he'll be more willing to help once you take the time to learn the basics.

Ok mate ill get to reading, it's just I don't have that much time with my study's and such, But water cooling seems all the while worth it and I really want to get into it. And I never noticed he was a moderator and who wrote the sticky :lol:  "assuming" he could probably do it with his eyes closed haha.
a c 328 K Overclocking
January 24, 2013 2:38:09 PM

My point wasn't to discourage you but meant to allow you to give me the reasons why you liked that kit, specifically for your own hardware. This is the majority of watercooling- figure out what works the best for your hardware and your budget...and if that works out, for your aesthetic tastes. Take your time and give yourself enough opportunity to learn as much as possible and figure out what you feel you need based on your hardware, overlocking (?), budget and personal preference.
!