Sign in with
Your question

Is it possible to convert back old raid 0 drives back to single drives

Last response: in Storage
April 12, 2012 10:55:47 PM

Recently my PSU died out, along with my mobo, CPU, memory... I'm still trying to get over this horrific loss.

Fortunately my GPU survived [560ti btw], so I'm going to make a new build, urgently, without choice.

I haven't checked whether my 2 SSDs in raid 0 are still alive, but if they are my plan is to put them in the new system.

Problem is, my plan is to get Intel H61 system due to budget constraints - that means no RAID mode by default.

Question is, would I be able to use the SSDs assuming they're alive as separate disks [Ive given up on recovering data from it, going to boot and do a fresh install on one of the drives and store the other as a game drive]?
April 13, 2012 1:09:37 AM

Yes you'll have absolutely no problem using the SSDs assuming theyre still alive. Just plug them in, let windows reformat them and your good to go. RAID is just a software thing on the drive so if you wipe it through reformatting theres no harm done. Sorry to hear about your comp though, that sucks
April 13, 2012 2:44:20 AM

bavman said:
Yes you'll have absolutely no problem using the SSDs assuming theyre still alive. Just plug them in, let windows reformat them and your good to go. RAID is just a software thing on the drive so if you wipe it through reformatting theres no harm done. Sorry to hear about your comp though, that sucks

Thanks, hopefully I'll be getting my components over the weekend to build the new rig...
!