Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Are any of you guys waiting for the Swiftech H220?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 22, 2013 7:31:59 PM

I saw the creator and he showed all the new cool feutures at a hotel in Vegas. It has a powerfull pump also :bounce: 
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 12:08:47 AM

Isn't this the second thread you started about this product? The last one getting closed due to people becoming offensive.

And if you saw the last thread you would know the pump is only powerful in comparison to other CLC's. It doesn't even touch it's big brother in terms of power.

Perhaps we should all wait and see how the independent testing goes once the product goes live. My bet is, it will crush current CLC's and force them to make something at least comparable, but it still won't stand up to starter kits from XSPC that are in the same price range.
m
l
January 27, 2013 8:24:38 PM

mlcaouette said:
Isn't this the second thread you started about this product? The last one getting closed due to people becoming offensive.

And if you saw the last thread you would know the pump is only powerful in comparison to other CLC's. It doesn't even touch it's big brother in terms of power.

Perhaps we should all wait and see how the independent testing goes once the product goes live. My bet is, it will crush current CLC's and force them to make something at least comparable, but it still won't stand up to starter kits from XSPC that are in the same price range.

Nope I only posted it one time :kaola:  thanks for reply :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
January 30, 2013 1:08:55 AM

Well just figured I'd give you an update, I've read a few reviews so far but I haven't found a single one comparing the h220 to the very similarly priced xspc raystom kit with the rs240 rad.

Most of the reviews are showing the h220 beating all the AIO coolers which was exactly what I expected. Guess I'll just keep waiting till someone can get a proper review up, comparing the h220 to all the products similarly priced.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 30, 2013 3:36:12 AM

I am guessing that the pump on the h220 will have enough juice to push a cpu loop of course but maybe 1 video card too and not more than that. Which is good for a vast majority of people that would be looking at an AOI in the first place. But we will have to see of course.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
January 30, 2013 5:59:38 AM

rishiswaz said:
I am guessing that the pump on the h220 will have enough juice to push a cpu loop of course but maybe 1 video card too and not more than that. Which is good for a vast majority of people that would be looking at an AOI in the first place. But we will have to see of course.

Probably, but when we compare it to the MCP655..... :whistle: 
m
l
January 30, 2013 7:07:10 AM

Wait isnt the h220 gonna be like 140 bucks or something like that. What starter kit is 140 bucks and performs that good? No really, im in need of a watercooling kit. Kinda want to try it out lolz.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 31, 2013 12:56:02 AM

Well moto already answered your question footlong96, the kit he posted was the one I mentioned in my earlier post, which is why I said it was very similarly priced.
m
l
January 31, 2013 6:33:37 AM

How quiet is this set up. Kinda looking into something that doesnt make too much noise.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
January 31, 2013 6:40:22 AM

footlong96 said:
How quiet is this set up. Kinda looking into something that doesnt make too much noise.

NOCTUA NH-D14.
m
l
January 31, 2013 7:03:52 AM

Noctuas are uggly though lol. And spray painting them ruins the balance of the blades. And their cooler doesnt let me install my ram. :( 
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 2, 2013 8:24:41 AM

footlong96 said:
Noctuas are uggly though lol. And spray painting them ruins the balance of the blades. And their cooler doesnt let me install my ram. :( 

Install your ram first and get a Phanteks.
m
l
February 2, 2013 9:01:35 AM

amuffin said:
Install your ram first and get a Phanteks.

I may actually do this. Thanks :D 

But have you tried a small watercooling kit on a home server or a huge passive heatsink for an and A10?
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 2, 2013 9:23:29 AM

Stock cooler, the lower end chips like the i3 and A10 use less power and produce less heat. Kind of win win situation.
m
l
a c 225 K Overclocking
February 2, 2013 1:06:43 PM

To answer the thread title, No!

To go way, way, way, in reverse of my present cooling would make no logical sense what so ever! :) 

It would be like insanity!

Have I ever told you my definition of insanity? :lol: 
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
February 2, 2013 2:10:21 PM

Getting a H100 (Old one, not the 'I' revision) and running at stock?
:p 
Moto
m
l
a c 225 K Overclocking
February 2, 2013 3:00:33 PM

:) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 3, 2013 8:07:53 PM

Well the whole point of the H220 is to be modular to allow for expansion beyond what a H100 class AOI can offer. Granted a regular wc kit would be better and if you shop right probably cheaper, but for people who are too afraid to mess around with a custom loop this seems like probably the best closed loop solution.
m
l

Best solution

February 16, 2013 1:28:20 AM

mlcaouette said:

Hi this is Gabe, CEO at Swiftech. re. your statement "it still won't stand up to starter kits from XSPC", may I ask why you think that way?

If you compare to their similar size radiator (2x120), both use copper/brass, and same structure (single row, same size core), so perf should be very similar, we have a much stronger pump (theirs is 1.8m, and ours is 3m), but it wouldn't make much difference in temps in a CPU only loop, so perf should also be similar, we have a proven waterbock (APD2), which should yield equivalent if not better C/W, so we should have similar perf there too, so it follows that the only substantial performance difference would come from how fast you operate the fans, right? So perf wise, you shouldn't expect much difference between an XSPC 2x120 kit, and the H220 kit.

Where our product will make a very substantial difference is totally superior ease of installation, and much better speed management via our PWM devices, and our kit is just as upgradable (if not better since our stronger pump)
February 16, 2013 1:38:58 AM

I am pretty excited about the H220 myself
I dont want to get crazy with custom loops but want something better than the Antec Kuhler 620 I am running now
I like the fact I can expand it to cool my 660Ti
only issue is that I will probably have to give up my Antec 1100 case since it doesnt have 240mm mounting which sucks since I just bought it about two months ago
I might be able to mod it to fit into my front intake though
and it really awesome that the CEO of swiftech took the time to post in this thread
makes me feel good about his company
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 16, 2013 2:33:18 AM

grouchon said:
Hi this is Gabe, CEO at Swiftech. re. your statement "it still won't stand up to starter kits from XSPC", may I ask why you think that way?

If you compare to their similar size radiator (2x120), both use copper/brass, and same structure (single row, same size core), so perf should be very similar, we have a much stronger pump (theirs is 1.8m, and ours is 3m), but it wouldn't make much difference in temps in a CPU only loop, so perf should also be similar, we have a proven waterbock (APD2), which should yield equivalent if not better C/W, so we should have similar perf there too, so it follows that the only substantial performance difference would come from how fast you operate the fans, right? So perf wise, you shouldn't expect much difference between an XSPC 2x120 kit, and the H220 kit.

Where our product will make a very substantial difference is totally superior ease of installation, and much better speed management via our PWM devices, and our kit is just as upgradable (if not better since our stronger pump)

I appreciate the reply Gabe. At the time of my original post, information on the pump was very scarce as it still is (only information available at the time was pump wattage). I'll still wait till independent testing is completed to make a final judgement of my own. Although if you are who you say you are and the pump really does have a 3M head delivery, then props to you and your team on creating an excellent product.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
February 16, 2013 11:36:57 AM

I'm not seeing the 'Official Swiftech representative' tag on your Id so I'm a little dubious as well but willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for now,
Moto
m
l
February 18, 2013 7:41:31 PM

Best answer selected by meowmix44.
m
l
February 18, 2013 7:43:59 PM

grouchon said:

Thankyou for backing up :hello:  :D  I am soo happy to see you came. I only like Swiftech then Corsair inn that order
m
l
February 18, 2013 7:44:20 PM

grouchon said:

Thankyou for backing up :hello:  :D  I am soo happy to see you came. I only like Swiftech then Corsair inn that order
m
l
February 18, 2013 7:59:45 PM

king smp said:
I am pretty excited about the H220 myself
I dont want to get crazy with custom loops but want something better than the Antec Kuhler 620 I am running now
I like the fact I can expand it to cool my 660Ti
only issue is that I will probably have to give up my Antec 1100 case since it doesnt have 240mm mounting which sucks since I just bought it about two months ago
I might be able to mod it to fit into my front intake though
and it really awesome that the CEO of swiftech took the time to post in this thread
makes me feel good about his company

For sure Im buying
m
l
February 18, 2013 11:04:58 PM

mlcaouette said:
For some reason I'm doubting we'll ever hear back from "Gabe" aka grouchon.

On another note it looks like all the mystery will soon be put to rest once Martin finishes up his testing:
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/01/25/kit-reviews-test...

Why not? to anyone who feels like checking who I am, feel free to contact me at gabe@swiftech.com

m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 18, 2013 11:30:16 PM

Glad to see a CEO who is actively promoting his companies product, I apologize for the skepticism Gabe. So far all the info you've provided has panned out to be true. It's a shame this thread will likely get closed soon, the info was just starting to get good.

For anyone that is interested here is some comparison data between the H220 and the XSPC raystorm rs240 kit:
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/16/xspc-raystorm-75...

Both kits have their own merits, but out of the box performance on a cpu only loop looks like Swiftech takes the crown. I would still take the XSPC kit for my main machine but for my HTPC which is still in the making the H220 is a major contender.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 19, 2013 12:15:06 AM

Actually mlcaouette regarding your reply to OP, I was the one who made the first thread regarding the H220 that later got closed due to a certain individual getting very verbal.

Anyway I have been following the H220 for a while now and I really like it despite me not being fond of typical sealed AIO water coolers. I have been reading allot lately on water cooling and wanted to venture into W/C myself not so much for the cooling aspect of it but for noise too it's come to my attention that my computer as of late is something I wish was a little quieter than it is now the GPU being the noisiest thing . I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger on making that jump to water cooling.
m
l
!