Solved

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D good enough?

Hey, I'm thinking of building a HTPC/casual use machine and I was curious if you the Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D would be a good enough power supply. The reason I was planning on getting this is there was a great combo on Newegg with an Antec case, and my budget is as close to $500 as I can get, but if you guys have a better suggestion, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - probably add a second one later
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor
Antec TWO HUNDRED S Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
ASUS DVD Burner
Antec Mult-Station Basic Internal IR receiver
Possibly a Blu-Ray drive later on.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about antec earthwatts green 430d good enough
  1. Yes, it has much more power than enough. That Delta electronics PSU can handle your system without any problem.
  2. you will be fine, more then enough power for your system.

I assume you are using the Integrated graphics since i did not see a video card listed.
  3. You could even install an ATI 5770 graphic card.
  4. ct1615 said:
    you will be fine, more then enough power for your system.

I assume you are using the Integrated graphics since i did not see a video card listed.

That was the plan. I can't really afford a video card right now, and I currently don't plan on using this for heavy gaming.

Anonymous said:
    You could even install an ATI 5770 graphic card.

Awesome to know. Thanks!
  5. Best answer
    The highest draw device you have is the 95W CPU. If everything else was being used I doubt you'd cross 150W. Thats max usage btw. Browsing web, typing docs I doubt you'd cross 100W. A 430W PSU will be way more then enough.
  6. xboxcrazy33 said:
    That was the plan. I can't really afford a video card right now, and I currently don't plan on using this for heavy gaming.

cool, just making sure :D
  7. Best answer selected by xboxcrazy33.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Components