thefrag

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Looking for a upgrade for my current spec pc.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 4GB RAM
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series (1GB)
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro
Computer Case: Antec 900

I was first looking at upgrading my hard drive to 1tb as I've nearly filled up my 500gb one , Any recommendation on a good 1TB HD would be great and also a good external Hard Drive!

Not sure about the graphics card seems to be loads more models ahead of it wonder if its getting out of date? Although I was thinking of getting another one and using Crossfire ;)

I can't seem to get overclocking correct on my processor either , I'm sure I've entered the correct numbers but its still running at 2.33ghz and I didn’t really want to use a program to do it for me either :3

Oh and was thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 from XP, any thoughts on that also!

Read some overclocking guides for Core2s. You may also want to check reviews on the Q8200 as some sites will overclock it and give you the settings they used to give you an idea of what to expect. Yeah, another 4850 in crossfire would certainly give you some great performance. As for Hard Drives, I say go for a WD 1TB Black. It may be time to archive some of your data on DVDs, just the important stuff anyway. As for external drives, the WD drives are pretty good. You may also want to consider building a file server out of old parts and cheap hard drives :D.