Is this OK to clean the inside of my PC?

LuigiVN

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hi Fellas!

A friend of mine gave me a mini USB vacuum

NWL-844441002199-2T.jpg

I don't know if I could remove the dust inside my case with puppy(for example, the top side of my Video card or the motherboard,). I use a small soft painting brush but it's kinda borind and I think this vacuum will be OK...What do you guys think? Is there any static danger or something? I mainly use it to clean the inside of my keyboard...

Solution
Its is okay, however I really doubt it is powerful enough to suck in the significant dust required for a worth while clean. A lot of dust will be wedged in cracks and holes that you will unlikley be able to manuever your little vacuum cleaner into, and if you do you might break or scratch something that might be important. Thats is why compressed air will do a 10x better job, you don't need to get it into the holes, just spray it into the main areas and it takes everything out.

L3Wy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Trust me, the vacuum will be OK ;) There is no static danger, unless your vacuum outside is made of steel or any metal containig matter :p (it isn't, so there's no danger)

I use an attachment on the household vacuum cleaner about once a month on mine,
as long as your careful you should be fine,
Keeping your rig clean will also help keep it cool as well, no fluff buildup in heatsink or fans means better airflow means cooler running system :) cleaning ftw hehe

Cute little toy, useless for the case, just barely OK for keyboards.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Its is okay, however I really doubt it is powerful enough to suck in the significant dust required for a worth while clean. A lot of dust will be wedged in cracks and holes that you will unlikley be able to manuever your little vacuum cleaner into, and if you do you might break or scratch something that might be important. Thats is why compressed air will do a 10x better job, you don't need to get it into the holes, just spray it into the main areas and it takes everything out.

Solution