Solved

Is this OK to clean the inside of my PC?

Hi Fellas!

A friend of mine gave me a mini USB vacuum

I don't know if I could remove the dust inside my case with puppy(for example, the top side of my Video card or the motherboard,). I use a small soft painting brush but it's kinda borind and I think this vacuum will be OK...What do you guys think? Is there any static danger or something? I mainly use it to clean the inside of my keyboard...
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about clean inside
  1. Trust me, the vacuum will be OK ;) There is no static danger, unless your vacuum outside is made of steel or any metal containig matter :P (it isn't, so there's no danger)
  2. definitely OK for the keyboard. I prefer compressed air for the internals.
  3. Ok =D Because my PC is REALLY dusty since I don't clean it too often. lol
  4. I use an attachment on the household vacuum cleaner about once a month on mine,
    as long as your careful you should be fine,
    Keeping your rig clean will also help keep it cool as well, no fluff buildup in heatsink or fans means better airflow means cooler running system :) cleaning ftw hehe
  5. LuigiVN said:
    Ok =D Because my PC is REALLY dusty since I don't clean it too often. lol

Not just okay. It is actually good. :) Make it a habit...
  6. LuigiVN said:
    Hi Fellas!

A friend of mine gave me a mini USB vacuum

http://www.nationalwholesaleliquidators.com/v/vspfiles/photos/NWL-844441002199-2T.jpg

I don't know if I could remove the dust inside my case with puppy(for example, the top side of my Video card or the motherboard,). I use a small soft painting brush but it's kinda borind and I think this vacuum will be OK...What do you guys think? Is there any static danger or something? I mainly use it to clean the inside of my keyboard...

Cute little toy, useless for the case, just barely OK for keyboards.
  7. I just use the household vacuum with the brush attachment works the best IMO the risk of static discharge is pretty slim to none.
  8. I use small car vac, but surely your using the vac via usb, you pc will have to be on, iffy?
  9. Some PC or USB charger will need to be on.
  10. Best answer
    Its is okay, however I really doubt it is powerful enough to suck in the significant dust required for a worth while clean. A lot of dust will be wedged in cracks and holes that you will unlikley be able to manuever your little vacuum cleaner into, and if you do you might break or scratch something that might be important. Thats is why compressed air will do a 10x better job, you don't need to get it into the holes, just spray it into the main areas and it takes everything out.
  11. Best answer selected by LuigiVN.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components