Easy Note running hot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi friends,

I recently changed the built in 10 GB drive in my easy Note Sc for a
40 GB hard drive.
I am not sure if it is ever since, but my notebook gets so hiot in the
upperleft part of the keyboard and above, that I can not touch it
anymore! burn my fingers?

anyone experience with overheating notebooks?

does this thing have a fan?

cheers

Johan

Dont know the model that you are refering to but its probable that
you've jammed something against the procesor fan.
There would be a heatspreader with a built in fan (in many models).
Maybe you didnt plug the fan back in when you reassembled. Look for an
exhaust grille on the rear or side of the Notebook. The fan will be
located behind that.

"Johan" <nier@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi friends,
>
> I recently changed the built in 10 GB drive in my easy Note Sc for a
> 40 GB hard drive.
> I am not sure if it is ever since, but my notebook gets so hiot in the
> upperleft part of the keyboard and above, that I can not touch it
> anymore! burn my fingers?
>
> anyone experience with overheating notebooks?
>
> does this thing have a fan?
>
> cheers
>
> Johan

Make sure the new HD is running in DMA (UTMA mode X, not PIO), if it is
supported in BIOS setup.

You can blow out the cooling system with a can of compressed gas dust
cleaner, which might help with the temp. A larger HD will require more
power, in general, and increase the overall cooling load. A temp hot
enough to cause pain is over 130F or so. This is pretty hot for a case
temp. You might open the case and check out the innards, cooling fan(s)
etc.