Upgrade Mobo on HP Elite 9150t

lakers49

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I have an HP Elite 9150t that had one of those defective motherboards and got tired of the problems. I decided to buy the Asus Rampage III GENE to replace the Pegatron mobo. I have had problems connecting it as some of the pins are different, etc. If anyone has replaced their HP Elite mobo with the Gene III could you help me connect mine?

lakers49

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
c01901212.gif

c01901213.jpg

This is the old one I had. I didnt hook up the front panel pins anywhere because there was no spot for them. so my front 1394, seaker output, USB, and LED lights dont work. Basically I dont know how to put it back together to the way it was. After I started I realized alot of the connections to the motherboard wouldnt work. The HP pocketdrive and easy backup were left disconnected from the mobo as i figured i didnt really need it. I guess my big problem is I need some sort of guide to help me put everything back together. :cry:

85720-asus-rampage-iii-gene.jpg

This is the new motherboard

lakers49

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
My front panel connection that includes speaker, PWR, ground, and LED lights is a 9 pin connection with 1 blocked off. I dont have my camera on me but the order goes like this:

(RED) (GREEN) (BLACK) (BLACK) (BLOCKED OFF)
(YELLOW) (BLUE) (EMPTY) (EMPTY) EMPTY)

MY Media card reader is a 4 Pin with 1 blocked off.

If the connector physically fits the front panel (look carefully, don't push hard) you can switch around your connectors to fit what's on the motherboard. Tag every wire to know which is which first, should be indications for that on the motherboard.
http://www.frontx.com/head_con.html

If it doesn't fit and you know which is what you can improvise something or get something like this
http://www.amazon.com/CB-FRPAN-Individually-Sleeved-Speaker-Premium/dp/B003ZDNXZI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1290020145&sr=8-1

cut the male headers of the wires and connect them to your case wires.

If you don't know the pinout follow the wires to the front panel.