Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Street Fighter IV Code Giveaway- Steam account WINNER announced

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 1:06:27 AM

Winner is Number 12=omgitzfatal. The winner of Annisman's contest a few days back. A pm has been sent to him to collect his prize.

Credit goes to Annisman/ L1qu1d for the inspiration. Hopefully these community giveaways can promote some Tomshardware traffic.

Im feeling in the spirit of giving after Annisman's give away and L1qu1d's recent giveaway announcement.

The code will be given via email. Notice of Winner will be given via Tom's PM, from there an email will be requested and the code will be sent. I have a spare Street Fighter 4 code from a bundle I got. It isn't much much maybe $20 but hey might as well have someone use it.

End Date: 3/10/2010

How to enter? Just put "Enter me for the contest" or the like. Also answer the small survey at the bottom.
How it will be done: Using a random number generator, people will be given a number in numerical form from least to greatest starting with the first entry finally to the last.


Posting your Computer Specifications/Additional information about your build such as any customizations you have done IS OPTIONAL:

System pictures are welcomed but not required.

Survey (limit it to 5 sentences each, I will be reading them have mercy :p ):

1. AMD or Intel? Why?

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
1="itz the mouse i swear!!" (bad)
10= "I'm here to kick as* and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum" (good).

Winner is Number 12=omgitzfatal. The winner of Annisman's contest a few days back. A pm has been sent to him to collect his prize.
March 4, 2010 1:13:47 AM

AsAnAtheist said:
Credit goes to Annisman/ L1qu1d for the inspiration. Hopefully these community giveaways can promote some Tomshardware traffic.

Im feeling in the spirit of giving after Annisman's give away and L1qu1d's recent giveaway announcement.

The code will be given via email. Notice of Winner will be given via Tom's PM, from there an email will be requested and the code will be sent. I have a spare Street Fighter 4 code from a bundle I got. It isn't much much maybe $20 but hey might as well have someone use it.

End Date: 3/10/2010

How to enter? Just put "Enter me for the contest" or the like. Also answer the small survey at the bottom.
How it will be done: Using a random number generator, people will be given a number in numerical form from least to greatest starting with the first entry finally to the last.


Posting your Computer Specifications/Additional information about your build such as any customizations you have done IS OPTIONAL:

System pictures are welcomed but not required.

Survey (limit it to 5 sentences each, I will be reading them have mercy :p ):

1. AMD or Intel? Why?

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
1="itz the mouse i swear!!" (bad)
10= "I'm here to kick as* and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum" (good).


I would like to enter please.

1. Whichever is better at the given price point I am looking at. I've used both, prefer intel overall due to my non-gaming usage.

2. Same as #1.

3. I'm 20 and I've been gaming since I could pick up an nes controller. I used to play the original Mario Bros for NES with my dad when I was 2 years old lol.

4. I would say a 6. I game for fun mostly. I play a few multiplayer shooters/racers and can usually do well after a lot of work but I'm no where near those guys you fear when they enter the lobby/server.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 1:18:11 AM

crosko42 said:
I would like to enter please.

1. Whichever is better at the given price point I am looking at. I've used both, prefer intel overall due to my non-gaming usage.

2. Same as #1.

3. I'm 20 and I've been gaming since I could pick up an nes controller. I used to play the original Mario Bros for NES with my dad when I was 2 years old lol.

4. I would say a 6. I game for fun mostly. I play a few multiplayer shooters/racers and can usually do well after a lot of work but I'm no where near those guys you fear when they enter the lobby/server.


Awesome. I remember playing Mario Bros for the NES as well. Also contra with the NES.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 1:23:28 AM

i would like to enter, free game is free game

1. I usually go AMD, more money for the GFX
2. ATI right now, we'll see what happens with the GTX4x0
3. 5+ years gaming pc gaming, been playing games since 1990, go NES
4. probably a 4 and dropping since i started going to college i game less
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 1:27:16 AM

This topic has been sticky in top of the forum by TheGreatGrapeApe
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 1:28:35 AM

Let's try to keep it to one at a time, but since this was up before saying that, we'll do 2 for now. :hello: 
m
0
l
March 4, 2010 1:36:57 AM

Enter me in the contest please

1. AMD or Intel? Why?
Intel because I have an Intel atm lol. Otherwise I like competition so both are good

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
Been using Nvidia forever. Never really used ATI though that might change since my 9800GTX is getting dated.

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?
5+ years. Ever since played Mario on NES

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
1="itz the mouse i swear!!" (bad)
10= "I'm here to kick as* and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum" (good).
Depends on the type of game. I'm horrible at FPS's. I'm pretty good at RPG's and the like. <3 Mass Effect
m
0
l
March 4, 2010 1:44:54 AM

i would like to enter

1. AMD or Intel? Why?
depends on the build, but at the time i built this intel (q9450)

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
nvidia had 2 4850s in this build but kept getting a black screen when start up, switched to a 275 gtx and been fine since

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?
5+ remeber the first time i played street fighter 2 in pizza hut when i was like 7

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
1="itz the mouse i swear!!" (bad)
10= "I'm here to kick as* and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum" (good).
i would say 5, im pretty good but there is always someone better
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 4:11:24 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Let's try to keep it to one at a time, but since this was up before saying that, we'll do 2 for now. :hello: 


Thanks. Noted for the future as well.

@Metroidman
Mass effect was awesome, now I have mass effect 2. Already going for my 3rd time beating the main story.

@ramsfan8583

I didnt know pizza hut had arcades O.o
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 4:16:07 AM

Love the giveaway Atheist, street fighter is one of those games everyone should play.

Unfortunately I haven't played it since back in the days of Sega over at my friend's house, those were the good old days.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 4:51:36 AM

Enter me for the contest :) 

1. Intel, mainly because i'm familiar with them. But come next build if AMD has better i wouldn't hesitate.

2. Similar to #1, but i'm more inclined to hold out for Nvidia.

3. Been gaming since i was 5ish. That would be 16 years.

4. Hard to say for certain, i'd like to say a 10 but if that includes pro gamerz then i'm not a 10, lol. Let's go a more modest 8.5, since i can be very competitive.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:02:17 AM

Annisman said:
Love the giveaway Atheist, street fighter is one of those games everyone should play.

Unfortunately I haven't played it since back in the days of Sega over at my friend's house, those were the good old days.


Thanks, and yeah it is one of those classic games. The street fighter 4 did well to keep it's originality from the series.
m
0
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:07:03 AM

I would love this, but I don't have a good controller to play it. And I hate playing these games without a gamepad/controller. Props to you however for doing this.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:10:26 AM

4745454b said:
I would love this, but I don't have a good controller to play it. And I hate playing these games without a gamepad/controller. Props to you however for doing this.


Gamepad definitely helps. FYI you can use a Xbox 360 wired controller if you have one. All you need to do is download some driver for it and tada!
m
0
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:13:19 AM

I know, and I've been tempted to buy one. I hate consoles however, so I don't have one yet. I'm also looking for a game pad that has 3x2 buttons and not 2x2. I'm old and the brain is wired for the arcade.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:15:36 AM

Oh, I'm not entering, but might as well answer the poll;

1) intel for now, AMD has nothing near equivalent for the mobile segment right now. Workstations are a little more even.

2) Depends on the solution ATi for video, nVidia for work (just easier for both with what I need to do). Personal laptop at work is a Matrox G450 equipped laptop dock, because Matrox is #1. :sol: 

3) Gaming for about 30 years, since playing Pong at IBM country club, parents then got me an Odyssey with Hockey screen overlay. Still play old-school BattleZone, Centipede and Tempest at work.

4) Skillz @ 7 and decaying :(  ; just like Duke Nukem (which I played the original in 2D side-scrolling splendor), soon will need a walker for my roller-ball!
m
0
l
March 4, 2010 5:18:49 AM

4745454b said:
I know, and I've been tempted to buy one. I hate consoles however, so I don't have one yet. I'm also looking for a game pad that has 3x2 buttons and not 2x2. I'm old and the brain is wired for the arcade.


Pick up one of these then...

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=3415&...

Classic fight stick that will work with the pc/360.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:21:21 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Oh, I'm not entering, but might as well answer the poll;

1) intel for now, AMD has nothing near equivalent for the mobile segment right now. Workstations are a little more even.

2) Depends on the solution ATi for video, nVidia for work (just easier for both with what I need to do). Personal laptop at work is a Matrox G450 equipped laptop dock, because Matrox is #1. :sol: 

3) Gaming for about 30 years, since playing Pong at IBM country club, parents then got me an Odyssey with Hockey screen overlay. Still play old-school BattleZone, Centipede and Tempest at work.

4) Skillz @ 7 and decaying :(  ; just like Duke Nukem (which I played the original in 2D side-scrolling splendor), soon will need a walker for my roller-ball!


Wow old school gamer. Nice nice.. Answer another question if you can:

How do you feel about the new generation of gamers and their skills? Many people argue the previous generations of gamers cannot compete with today's gamers.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:34:01 AM

Depends on if the old school gamers keep playing.

I just don't have the time anymore, but my 'twitch response' is still pretty high due to hockey and skiing. Up until a few years ago I would school the youngins in UT2K4 and Halo PC, but I just don't have the time anymore to develop the skill, so I play against other co-workers who also have little time to refine our skills, so we all kinda have equal level, instead of playing a kid who does nothing but play COD MW2 all day. If I did that I'd probably still be right there.

The whole thing is staying current, and I don't have the time, so I play more single player campaigns where I can play Crysis for 15-90 mins and then go do something else, and then come back and play 2 weeks later (same with Oblivion, etc), I also play the classics (like the Midway Collection) for a nice 5-15 min break. Oh yeah, we also play NHL 2K10 at work on the Plasma in the lunch room. But there we're more often about the open ice checks than the goals. :lol: 

Remember Street Fighter is from my early 20s while at University, we had fast paced sequenced button-mashing even 'back then'. PC and console gaming was just a bit more limited back then.
m
0
l
March 4, 2010 6:57:09 AM

I want to enter..

1. AMD or Intel? Why?
Well I would say as most do that it depends on what is best for the price. I also definitely consider overclocking. I've only had intel though. Mostly because about 5 years ago I built my first (although amd would have probably been better, I didn't know any better), and since then I've mostly done small upgrades. So I'd stick with the same socket or whatever, and then since core 2, intel has generally had better overclocking results. So I've just gone with them so far.

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
Same as number 1, whichever is best for the right price at the time. Although it is interesting that all of my graphics cards (5) have been ATI. I have nothing against nvidia, it just worked out that way. I remember when I used to drool over the 7900gt though lol.

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?
I've been gaming since before I could read... I remember figuring out how to put this one game I had (some little kids game) on mute by going through the menus. But yeah my parents used to play wolfenstein and doom and all that when it was new. So we've always had a computer and I've always been at least some type of a gamer. I was born in 91 so that gives you an idea.

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
I would say.... maybe 7 or 8. I wouldn't say I'm amazing and I don't play like a ton. But when I do I'm usually pretty good. After playing a game for a while I'm better than most people.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 7:15:07 AM

I'll enter"

1. AMD or Intel? Why?

i really couldn't say. i have AMD right now, and love my build. and for most builds i recommend them, but intel undoubtedly have better chips for those with mroe money to spend. and i love an i7 system.

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
right now, ATI for sure. the best cards on the market for the best price. unless fermi comes out quick, and drops in price quickly, i don't see them being a viable option.

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?
about 15 years. if you include the really early amiga stuff wehn iwas too young to understand it. about 8 years 'seriously'.

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.

9. i have a natural talent for most games (probably becuase ive been playing so long, and internet gaming since the orginal unreal) and it usually only takes a few rounds of any given online game for me to get into ownage mode. just about everything i play i finish in the top 3 every round. but i dont have the patience to play a single game relentlessly, and move to new games quickly (i play so many games, i dont have time to linger on one). so im not a ten, because i do sometimes come across the guys that just spend every day playing that same game, to which i cannot compete.

that was a long one :) 

thanks for the generosity AsAn.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 10:06:53 AM

Don't enter me :) . I just want to answer the poll.

1. AMD or Intel? Why?
For now I have the Q6600 because at that time it was awesome (and it still is). I go with what is the best at the moment I make a purchase.

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
ATI all the way. I just don't like nVidia's attitude + I like RED :lol: 

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?
10 years and counting. Started off with Starcraft.

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
Depends on the game genre.
FPS: 7
RTS: 10 . Lots of experience there. Played Starcraft for 7 years, Warcraft for 3. 250 APM FTW with Protoss :D 
RPG: 9-10. Countless titles finished. The best by far being Morrowind: ES. Now I am addictive to PvP action in WoW so that will keep me busy for awhile.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 12:59:23 PM

Enter me into the contest!

Awesome more stuff i wont win as usual! Hehe but thanks for the chance man.

1. AMD or Intel? Why? AMD, as you get the better performance for the price.

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why? ATI, same reason as above. If nVidia comes back and can pull it off i would still buy them if the price/perf ratio is good.

3. How long have you been gaming? Since i got an artari 2600 baby.

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills. easily a 10, as i play competitively.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 1:48:15 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Depends on if the old school gamers keep playing.

I just don't have the time anymore, but my 'twitch response' is still pretty high due to hockey and skiing. Up until a few years ago I would school the youngins in UT2K4 and Halo PC, but I just don't have the time anymore to develop the skill, so I play against other co-workers who also have little time to refine our skills, so we all kinda have equal level, instead of playing a kid who does nothing but play COD MW2 all day. If I did that I'd probably still be right there.

The whole thing is staying current, and I don't have the time, so I play more single player campaigns where I can play Crysis for 15-90 mins and then go do something else, and then come back and play 2 weeks later (same with Oblivion, etc), I also play the classics (like the Midway Collection) for a nice 5-15 min break. Oh yeah, we also play NHL 2K10 at work on the Plasma in the lunch room. But there we're more often about the open ice checks than the goals. :lol: 

Remember Street Fighter is from my early 20s while at University, we had fast paced sequenced button-mashing even 'back then'. PC and console gaming was just a bit more limited back then.


I see very interesting. I do suppose for old school gamers it isn't a matter of skill but time as most are already older adults with more responsibilities.
Thank you so much for sharing.
m
0
l
March 4, 2010 4:59:13 PM

Enter me for the contest, please.

It's funny that I tried to buy this at 75-80% off over the Steam Holiday sale, and was denied because I bought too many other things over the Steam Holiday sale.

1.) Intel- because the stock price says it's a safer investment.

2.) Nvidia- because the red team fans can be charitably described as 'unbearable' these days.

3.) I should still have a copy of E.T. lying around somewhere...

4.) 5, for modesty. I also favor the gamepad over a mouse and keyboard. Yeah, I said it.


I wonder which of those responses will draw the most fire.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 5:30:15 PM

Minus_i7 said:
Enter me for the contest, please.

It's funny that I tried to buy this at 75-80% off over the Steam Holiday sale, and was denied because I bought too many other things over the Steam Holiday sale.

1.) Intel- because the stock price says it's a safer investment.

2.) Nvidia- because the red team fans can be charitably described as 'unbearable' these days.

3.) I should still have a copy of E.T. lying around somewhere...

4.) 5, for modesty. I also favor the gamepad over a mouse and keyboard. Yeah, I said it.


I wonder which of those responses will draw the most fire.



# 5.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 6:38:21 PM

Enter me into the contest.

1. AMD or Intel? Why? At the moment AMD price/pref. Everyone knows Intel's chips are the best but not for my price range.

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why? ATI Nvidia took forever to release DX10.1 cards, which ATI had for a while before them, Fermi is looking bad at the moment. And ATI already has great DX11 cards out, that when by the time Nvidia gets Fermi out, the 6XXX series will be announced.

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years? Over 22 years and counting.

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills. 8.5. I game all day every day mostly while running my own businesses online. (Well while not watching netflix anyway). I easily game 40+ hours a week.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 6:44:13 PM

nrnx said:
Enter me into the contest.

1. AMD or Intel? Why? At the moment AMD price/pref. Everyone knows Intel's chips are the best but not for my price range.

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why? ATI Nvidia took forever to release DX10.1 cards, which ATI had for a while before them, Fermi is looking bad at the moment. And ATI already has great DX11 cards out, that when by the time Nvidia gets Fermi out, the 6XXX series will be announced.

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years? Over 22 years and counting.

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills. 8.5. I game all day every day mostly while running my own businesses online. (Well while not watching netflix anyway). I easily game 40+ hours a week.


Wow, 40 hours a week that is a lot. Do you happen to play professionally or enter tournaments a lot?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 7:13:16 PM

I play mostly for fun. I do enter and win local tournaments a lot. I am one of those types of gamers that plays games non-stop. I played SF4 and won a few tournaments (having not owned the game). I recently have played and beat the following games:

AVP (PC)
Left For Dead 2 (PC)
Borderlands (finishing up the newest DLC actually)
BioShock 2 (PC)
Dante's Inferno
Darksiders
Bayonetta
Dragon Age Origins (PC)
Demon's Soul's
Uncharted 2
Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
Mass Effect 2 (PC)
And I know there are several others that I'm leaving out...

In the next 2 weeks there are 5 games I believe that are coming out I am getting...

Metro 2033 (PC)
Final Fantasy 13
Dragon Age Awakening
God of War 3
and BC2 (PC) once I figure if it has the features im looking for, as I know its out already.

I professionally write game reviews and also work for a Beta testing website. (Betawatcher). So I just simply put, love gaming. I have been gaming on PC since Rage II, and before that Commodore 64, Oddessy, atari and many others. I even at one time owned a Super Street Fighter 2 arcade machine I won in a contest. I am not, however a professional gamer :) 

Edit: Although I am currently ranked in the top 100 of Marvel vs Capcom 2....
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 7:16:25 PM

nzxt gama case
mushkin modxtreme 585W
Intel e5300 @ 4 Ghz 12x333 1.37628V
arctic cooling freezer 7 rev2
WINTEC AMPX 4GB DDR2 @800mhz
GA-EP45-UD3R
XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB stock
games warhammer 40,000 winter assault
left 4 dead
half life 2 not even orange box

I've Only had this system since Jan 2010 yes I bought old tech but it was an overclocking project that was a decent success and cheap !




1. AMD or Intel? Why? Intel overclock garbage into something really descent
65 dollar cpu outperforming stock e8400 at 1/3 the price

2. ATI or Nvidia? Honeslty Nvidia I just had to to pick the 5770 was bang for my limited buck.

3. How long have you been gaming? since about 1987

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
Current games =2.5
Prior to playstation 1 and my AMD 1800+ with 9250 =7
Wrestling games = 10

m
0
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 7:30:35 PM

Please enter me, I feel lucky : )
Ci7 920 4Ghz
Gigabyte GA-X58 UD5
3GB OCZ RAM
Gigabyte HD5850 925/1200
CM HAF 932
CM Real-Power M700
Sammy Spinpoint F3 500GB
Custom water loop for CPU
LG DVD ROM Drive
Coutless number of Fans

1. AMD or Intel? Why?
Only ever brought Intel, But I'm easy :p 
2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
Either, Or. I go for best price VS performance
3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?
5+ Years
4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
11 I'm the master, the king ding. The big cheese(?) (BOOM! HEADSHOT!)

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 7:46:56 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Please enter me, I feel lucky : )
Ci7 920 4Ghz
Gigabyte GA-X58 UD5
3GB OCZ RAM
Gigabyte HD5850 925/1200
CM HAF 932
CM Real-Power M700
Sammy Spinpoint F3 500GB
Custom water loop for CPU
LG DVD ROM Drive
Coutless number of Fans

1. AMD or Intel? Why?
Only ever brought Intel, But I'm easy :p 
2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
Either, Or. I go for best price VS performance
3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?
5+ Years
4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
11 I'm the master, the king ding. The big cheese(?) (BOOM! HEADSHOT!)



11 O.o? Wow you must be really good.

@nrnx

Nice nice. I am thinking of playing in some tournaments myself but first I really need to get my skills back up. I will pick up bad company 2 once i get paid so I can start fragging asap.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 9:12:45 PM

The thing with me is; unlike most computer gamers, I actually have more skill and enjoy playing FPS with a controller. I don't mind the limited number of buttons or weapon switching, However I wreck in some PC FPS like Crysis Wars with a controller and the Call of Duty series. I know some people may say it offers less precision than a keyboard/mouse combo. But I am very good with a controller as I USED to compete back in the SNES days and N64 days at console tournaments. I know alot of you guys hate it, but if a game doesn't have compatibility with the Xbox 360 controller these days I would rather pick it up for a console then PC, which is why I am waiting on my BFBC2 purchase. I play while sitting on my bed, and the only type of game that I am able to play while doing that are RTS games, which I also excel at. If you are planning on entering tournaments these days with the latest games you have to play at least 5-6 hours a day training yourself or else your face will get melted. I however, as I said am an overall 8/10.

FPS: 9/10
RTS: 10/10
RPG: 7/10
MMO: Not currently playing any
Racing: 3/10
Fighting: 8/10
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 1:08:52 AM

nrnx said:
If you are planning on entering tournaments these days with the latest games you have to play at least 5-6 hours a day training yourself or else your face will get melted. I however, as I said am an overall 8/10.


Well I love games and I would have given myself a clear 9 in FPS/RTS/RPG/MMO... A 7 on fighting, and 8 on racing.

Now I am more of a 7.5~ in FPS/RTS and a 9 in RPG/MMO, probably a 5 no in fighting, and a 6 in racing.
I dont mean to brag but I was pretty good, enough to where in PC MMO-FPS games I was easily able to outkill aimbots on games like Counter strike, Crossfire, AVA, Solder Front etc. Meh I am going to start training a bit more, till I am as good as I used to be like 7~ months ago.

Also what you said about the controller. I feel more comfortable using a controller in the Call of Duty series only, but I am still not better or worse then using a keyboard/mouse. Other games it's a keyboard/mouse or nothing :D .

For Laughs ill answer my own survey:

1. AMD or Intel? Why? Whatever fits my budget. I am saving up for an i7 config however.

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why? Whichever gives me the better performance, I will pay a LITTLE premium, maybe 15%~ but nothing huge like $100 difference on a $200 item. At the moment that's ATI.

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years? 5+ years

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
1="itz the mouse i swear!!" (bad)
10= "I'm here to kick as* and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum" (good).

Im a 8/10.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 2:37:03 AM

Yeah I used to be really really good at World Of Warcraft. I played up till patch 3.1 in WOTLK was all maxed out with highest rated gear, and had 30k gold, plus all the multiple person riding mounts, plus the 5 Person dungeon Red Dragon... I even had Time Lost Proto-Drake was how much I played WoW. But I soon realized I was missing out on real life and had become addicted when I scheduled my day around WoW instead of making work more profitable lol. For instance today I gamed for around 7 Hours. I played Magic The Gathering on XBL for around 3 of those hours in 4vs4 match, then played some AVP for around 2 hours on the alien campaign on hard, then my friend came over and we played Heavy Rain for a little while so I could figure out if it was worth buying (I loved Shenmue). Any game that has prone in FPS wise I do REALLY well in. Not so much games like Halo with a shoddy crouch mechanism. My friends were utterly devastated when I got to rank 70 in MW2 way before them.

Basically I love all games. I have since I first learned of gaming when I was around 3 years old playing with Game and Watch games from Nintendo (the early 80s/late 70s versions).

I have won awards through-out my life for knowledge of general gaming, including state prize from my history fair project "The History of Video Games". I am also a huge TV / Movie buff and watch basically anything that catches my interest. I follow LOST to a T, could name things that people probably have forgotten about on that show.

I agree with your ati/nvidia stance. I had From Geforce 2 - Geforce 7 before I switched to Ati with the 4850, that card was soooo sweet at the time. DX 10.1 yipee! I am very good at CS:S and other FPS to that nature, although I haven't played CS:S in years hehe.
m
0
l
March 5, 2010 5:14:00 AM

"Enter Me Into The Contest"

i need street figher 4 key to kick more ass online "im very good at sf4 since i grew up on (megadrive/Genesis) Streetfigher Championship edition with the 1st 6 button control pad, oh that brings back memorys lol"

PC Spec:

Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz OC to 3.6Ghz (still good CPU)

Freezer Pro 7 Heatsink

2 x 1Gb DDR2 800Mhz oc to 1066Mhz Dual channel mode

At the moment ATI x1950 pro PCI-E 1.0 @x16 256bit 256Mb GDDR3 Ram OC from 594Mhz Cpu core to 654Mhz, Ram 1350Mhz OC to 1450Mhz

waiting to see new gtx 400 series is like

Hard Drives: 2 x 640 GIG WD cavilar Black with 32mb Cache per drive, in raid 0
total 1.2TB.
1.5 TB 5400 rpm samsung for storage,
total 2.7 TB hard drive space

samsung DVD-RW Dual layer capable

Survey.

1. AMD or Intel? Why?
Intel, They have alot better chipsets and faster/Better overclocking cpu's

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?
ATI usually, they got better gpu power/price performance usually, its all about whats best bang for buck


3. How long have you been gaming?
10 years + all started with Star Trek Armada and Age Of Empires for pc

18+ years for consoles (since i was about 6 playing Mega drive and Master System with mates)

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.

id say 7 from a 9 been playing less games over the years, depends on game and how interested i am in it,

i hope all this info helps even if i dont win the sf4 key :) 
m
0
l
March 5, 2010 1:15:58 PM

AsAnAtheist said:
Credit goes to Annisman/ L1qu1d for the inspiration. Hopefully these community giveaways can promote some Tomshardware traffic.

Im feeling in the spirit of giving after Annisman's give away and L1qu1d's recent giveaway announcement.

The code will be given via email. Notice of Winner will be given via Tom's PM, from there an email will be requested and the code will be sent. I have a spare Street Fighter 4 code from a bundle I got. It isn't much much maybe $20 but hey might as well have someone use it.

End Date: 3/10/2010

How to enter? Just put "Enter me for the contest" or the like. Also answer the small survey at the bottom.
How it will be done: Using a random number generator, people will be given a number in numerical form from least to greatest starting with the first entry finally to the last.


Posting your Computer Specifications/Additional information about your build such as any customizations you have done IS OPTIONAL:

System pictures are welcomed but not required.

Survey (limit it to 5 sentences each, I will be reading them have mercy :p ):

1. AMD or Intel? Why?

2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?

3. How long have you been gaming? 1 day-1 year, 1-2 years, 3-5 years, 5+ years?

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.
1="itz the mouse i swear!!" (bad)
10= "I'm here to kick as* and chew bubble gum, and i'm all out of bubble gum" (good).




I would like to be entered please.

System Specs:
I7 750 @3.5 Ghz
MSI P-55 GD85
XFX Radeon HD 5850
4 GB CORSAIR 1600
Silverstone Element 750 watt PSU
Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
HYPER 212 PLUS CPU cooler
1 TB Caviar Black HD

1. I have used an AMD 2600 xp single core for around 8 years and it has been a reliable CPU coupled with an ASUS A7N8X MB. In my research for a replacement cpu I found the I5 cpu was outperforming AMD on arithmetic benchmarks and the I5 edged out the AMD in many aspects as well. Both chipsets are high quality. If price is an issue in purchase, the AMD is a good consideration. Averaging reviews and price I choose the I5 750 build and am quite pleased with the stable and proficient performance.

2.As a long consumer of Nvidia products dating back over 8 years, I have always been pleased with thier performance and price. As of late, I have been quite impressed with the performance, price and quality of ATI. My Radeon 5850 performs flawlessly and I have yet to max the card out with any games I own. ATI has a serious edge over Nvidia, but I am sure Nvidia will bounce back with a product to surpass ATI in performance, but ATI is dominant in lower price and performance.

3. I have been gaming since a young child with DND.I remember my first computer game in 5th grade on an Apple 2E computer gaming Oregon Trail. I grew up playing Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and the rest of the consoles. I remember playing Doom at School and thought it was the greatest thing since girls. Gaming has been a part of my life for many years. I have had the pleasure of watching games evolve from text based games, to the stunning 3D graphics we have today. I am 38 years old.

4. My skills rated would definently be a solid 8. I am not the fastest, or the brightest, but I can still whip some ass on Unreal Tournament 3. I grew up playing first person shooters and that is my preference. I love to game, and am quite proficient at it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 3:58:55 PM

Enter me please.

1. Depends on time, 2 years ago would have been C2D, now it's Phenom II
2. Right now I have 3 rigs, a OC'd 5770, a OC'd 5850, and a 4670 (ATI!)
3. About 5 years
4. I would rate myself a 9, after a week or so I get really used to a FPS, for RTS's I still own in C&C 4 beta.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 11:06:17 PM

TIME HAS BEEN SHORTENED DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE APPLYING (I was not expecting these numbers, THE GIVEAWAY will take place on March 7, 2010
m
0
l
March 6, 2010 12:12:20 AM

Enter me in the contest!!! =]

1. I have an intel, but I am not faithful to either company. my next build will probably be an AMD one

2. ATi cards because they don't die with driver updates =P Besides, I don't like nVidia's pricing

3. Since I was 3. Started with SMB3 on the snes, and now im 20, almost 21 =]

4. I am a 7. Once upon a time i was a 9. fighting games are my weakness, let's make up for it =]
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2010 2:25:13 AM

lemme try this :D .


1. AMD or Intel? Why?

i have an intel main rig, because the 1st phenoms sucked. im onto amd ever since the phenom2 hit the market, priced reasonably, nice performance, too. oh and my notebook is AMD, i mean who doesnt love the 780g eh?



2. ATI or Nvidia? Why?

which ever has the best bang for the buck @ $250. well that's my price point. the last gen was a stalemate, cause i ended up having a 4870 and a gtx260.

3. gaming since i was three, videogames taught me how to read, not books.

4. From 1-10 rate your gaming skills.

i rate myself as 7-8. the melancholic gaming idealist who believes "gaming is not a feeling, its an ability" (wh3resmycar in real life).
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2010 10:44:08 AM

I'll enter... please :ange: 

1. Intel, because I could afford it and it was barely any more than the "equivalent" AMD chip at the time and I like 8 threads. Unless we're talking about preferences, in which case none.

2. NVIDIA, best bang for buck at the time. Worst about 3 months later.

3. About 8 years (?).

4. 7/10, it's the mouse I swear.
m
0
l
March 6, 2010 11:59:25 PM

Free Game? Sign me up!

1. Intel because their chips are better right now and can overclock amazingly. I don't hate AMD though. They make decent chips, albeit, at a lower price point.

2. ATI... right now. ATI currently has NVIDIA beat at every price point and has the jump on NVIDIA. I do like NVIDIA though and have bought many graphics cards from them in the past and probably will buy them in the future as well.

3. 12+years, my brother really got me into them.

4. 8/10 I think I'm pretty good. Could use work on my Street Fighter skillz :D 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 12:04:24 AM

Okay just a heads up to lazy people out there. Tomorrow when I wake up I will do the draw. Depending on how late I stay up it can be anywhere between 14 hours from the time stamp on this message all the way to 17 hours.

Post your entry post or forever live in a forsaken life of regret. Well I guess the upside of not entering is you can tell your grand children about that one time that cool guy was giving away Street Fighter IV and you were to lazy to enter. Then your grand children will think you were a big tool, and you wont be their favorite grandpa...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 12:58:53 AM

I want to be the favorite grandpa, not a tool.

but a life of regret actually sounds kind of interesting...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 1:52:43 AM

Annisman said:
I want to be the favorite grandpa, not a tool.

but a life of regret actually sounds kind of interesting...


Lol :p 
m
0
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 2:52:03 AM

I kind of feel I should have entered, but I just don't have time to play games that much. I'd rather have it go to someone who can enjoy it.

Speaking of which, I wonder why system requirements weren't required. For all we know someone will get this and have a 2.4GHz single core P4 with a 9800pro. Along with his 1024x768 15" CRT, should this mythical person really get it?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 2:54:35 AM

4745454b said:
I kind of feel I should have entered, but I just don't have time to play games that much. I'd rather have it go to someone who can enjoy it.

Speaking of which, I wonder why system requirements weren't required. For all we know someone will get this and have a 2.4GHz single core P4 with a 9800pro. Along with his 1024x768 15" CRT, should this mythical person really get it?


That would encourage them to copy & paste the specs of Tom's SBM's.
Speaking of which, whens January's? February's?
m
0
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 8:32:43 AM

4745454b said:
Speaking of which, I wonder why system requirements weren't required. For all we know someone will get this and have a 2.4GHz single core P4 with a 9800pro. Along with his 1024x768 15" CRT, should this mythical person really get it?

That's a bit elitist isn't? If the benchmark demo is anything to go by it doesn't take much to run that particular game.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2010 12:09:35 PM

I won't disqualify people for having worse systems then others because if run on low settings this game can still play on p4 machines provided they have a decent GPU (9500 GT or better) to play it on low settings at least.

The giveaway will be done soon. For some reason I woke up super early.
m
0
l
!