i cannot open my memory card

Tags:
  • Flash Media
  • Memory Card
  • Computer
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
April 13, 2012 12:12:05 PM

my computer dose not open and show my memory card in my my computer window.i am using windows 7.when i try to open it with my mobile-nokia N70 it tells "memory card is corrupted" and asks to format it but when formatting nothing happen and phone stops working.my card is mini sd type.please give me a help

More about : open memory card

a b G Storage
April 13, 2012 1:22:42 PM

Card might have gone bad. If you want to recover the data, don't follow the below instructions. You need to find recovery software or company to help with that.

If data is expendable, then continue reading.
If you're inserting it into an SD adapter, make sure the lock switch isn't on lock. If you're using it natively (miniSD card in miniSD slot), try formatting in Windows (not quick format).
If Windows doesn't format it, try the standard SD Association formatter (works with any SD card, regardless of maker).
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/ (download links are obscure, look on the left panel).
If using the SDA app:
- Select the drive letter in question
- Open Options
- Select Full Format (Erase) and "format size adjustment" to ON.
- Then Format

If neither of these work, the card has likely gone bad. Either RMA or buy a new one...
m
l
October 18, 2012 1:04:40 PM

my computer can't detect my memory card. i'm using memory card reader, its only shows my Memory Card Reader. when i clicked on it. something popped out and told me to put the MC into it. but i already put the MC into it. Help me please~ the MC is so expensive.

sorry for my poor english.. hope you can understand it.
m
l
October 28, 2012 6:56:35 AM

thanks.. i really appreciate it..
m
l
!