Sign in with
Your question

Can Someone Help me Adjust my Fan Speeds In BIOS?

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • BIOS
  • Fan
  • Fan Controller
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 23, 2013 4:42:05 AM

Could someone tell me how to adjust fan speeds in my bios? as well I do not know if these RPMS are normal for case cooling,
btw these are connected to my motherboard.

Top fan which is a 140mm goes around 1140 RPM, front fan which is a 140mm fan goes around 816 RPM, and my rear fan which is a 120 mm fan goes around 1260 RPM.

These are also what showed up in my bios CPU Smart Fan Control is enabled, Cpu Smart Fan Mode is Auto, and System Smart Fan Control is enabled.

Also I recently bought the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ and after a couple of days of playing StarCraft 2 it seems the little bronze bumpy things sticking out at the top have melted a bit, I don't if this is normal, as well as making crackling sounds when I play StarCraft 2?

Here are some images for the melted bronze thingys.

More about : adjust fan speeds bios

a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 9:11:19 AM

Bits melting is not normal download hwmonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html and check your temperatures, also could you list your specs and did you apply thermal paste with the cooler?
m
l
January 23, 2013 3:55:08 PM

kiezz said:
Bits melting is not normal download hwmonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html and check your temperatures, also could you list your specs and did you apply thermal paste with the cooler?

I did apply Thermal paste with the cooler as for specs here

GA-970A-D3 Motherboard
AMD FX 8350 CPU
Silverstone Strider Essential 700W Power Supply
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ cpu cooler
GTX 650 ti nvidia graphics card

Temperatures I will get back to you on that as soon as possible because I have an exam today so I can't do it right now.
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2013 4:08:00 PM

kiezz said:

nvm i had some time to take a picture so i'm going to put it right here.

[

m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 5:32:08 PM

The CPU temps are pretty low for an 8350 but don't worry. As a suggestion for the fans you could swap the high RPM 140 mm fan in the front and the 140 mm (At 800 RPM) put it in the top. You will exhaust hot air quickly while the 140 in the front intakes cool air to your case.

As for the bits melting, I don't think it's a problem. I have the Hyper 212+ too and looks exactly the same as yours (But it doesn't make crackling sound, maybe is the fan) so it's just probably a bad manufacturing
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 23, 2013 6:12:41 PM

It did not melt, that is how it is manufactured. You can even look at the pics on newegg, other retail sites and review sites, all of them will be like that. Just fyi the melting point of copper is 1085C. An electric kiln would need to be like 8000w to reach those temps in an insulated enclosure let alone a pc.

The rpm seems to be a normal low speed. Were you looking to control them because you thought you were overheating? The fans will adjust speed according to temp. You'll be fine as long as temps are below 60C for the cpu. The gpu can go higher but I doubt it would.

Could you give more info about the crackling sound? Is it from the speakers or can you pinpoint what component?
m
l
January 24, 2013 3:02:16 AM

After my exam today I checked with a employee near a computer store and he told me the exact same thing so I am relieved to hear this from u guys too, thanks for the help guys!
m
l
!