unforgivin

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Hello,
i've been having some recent issues with my setup not booting to consistant clock speeds. keeps getting stuck at 800mhz. its a phenom II x4 955 plugged into a crosshair III formula. running windows 7 64 bit. i've turned off the cool and quiet crap and done just about every other suggestion i've seen. after manually setting everything in the bios AND in AOD it seemed to actually keep its settings locked in..ish. It would come up with different ram timings, and the cpu would be stuck at 800 til i manually changed it with overdrive. I have the latest bios version for my board and all the windows updates and latest drivers....i'm beyond lost at this point. has anyone heard of this and can tell me why and how to fix it? and yes i've set power management to high performance. would be nice if it were like the old school systems set it in the bios its set in stone...

unforgivin

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
alright i'll have it ready when it does it again. Still though that doesn't explain why my ram timings keep mysteriously changing..not in the bios but i see it when i run sandra i check it in aod and wtf i have to reset everything there. I've rebooted to check the bios when that happens and the timings never changed there....

unforgivin

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

now i've actually attempted this but no matter how i do it, it tells me either its not a compatible rom, or its older than the board and still refuses to let me go back to an older rom. I've used the asus update tool to get it off the net itself, i've downloaded the roms from the site manually tried to select them off my drive and i've tried using the ez flash tool.....doesn't make any sense i know. If someone knows of a way to force it to go or can tell me why i would be greatful. i've tried every older rom clear back to the version the board origionally came with.

unforgivin

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

thanks for the info, i'm pretty sure i'm on the right track now.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20080411095605234&board_id=1&model=P5K+Premium%2fWiFi-AP&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

This should help.

unforgivin

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
okay, i've noticed it seems to have completely snapped out of it for now. and beings the bass ackwards way you have to downgrade bios roms i've decided for now just to grin and bear it until the next release and just pray its better.