Sign in with
Your question

When i right click a folder on desktop computer freezes

Last response: in Windows XP
November 25, 2012 12:04:24 AM

When I right click a folder on the desktop an error message pops up saying that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, it appears that the right mouse click is associated with windows explorer, is there a setting in the registry that I can check that maybe causing the problem.
Regards Robert.
November 25, 2012 3:24:48 AM

Is it always the same folder that causes the error, or any folder?
m
l
November 27, 2012 9:20:35 PM

PhilFrisbie said:
Is it always the same folder that causes the error, or any folder?

Its any folder on the desktop, if I left click the folder it will open I can then use the shortcuts that are inside it, the problem that I have is I have a couple of folders that I would like to delete, I have no problem working it the registry if need too.
Regards Robert

m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2012 10:34:56 PM

Try navigating directly to it by using the File Explorer and going to C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Desktop.
m
l
November 27, 2012 10:44:56 PM

Could be any matter of things including mixed ram, incorrect version of audio/video drivers, a faulty hdd, or the PSU is too low in output due to a recent upgrade of a video card.

Best to give your full specs including the output of your PSU.

Edit - a quick solution is select the folder then hit the DEL key to delete the folder but you do need to resolve this ssue, though. as your system does seem to be on the verge of a total freeze out.

m
l
!