Sign in with
Your question

1055T À Gogo

Last response: in CPUs
May 27, 2010 7:56:11 AM

After what seemed like a lifetime of comparison shopping, forum scouring and re-editing my newegg cart, I decided on the following system, bought it, built it and have enjoyed the crap out of it so far.

CPU: AMD PII X6 1055T
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3 1600 4gb (2x2gb)
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD5850
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX Power Supply (750W)
Case: Azza Solano (Blue)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 (with two fans / push-pull setup)

With the additional 120mm fan I picked up, I have a total of 5 case fans (2 front intake, 1 bottom intake, 1 side intake and 1 top exhaust) and another 2 dedicated to moving air through the H50's radiator. I've been able to steadily increase my overclock (I'm new to it, apologies for the noob-ness of the numbers) to ~3.5ghz base and pretty much exactly 4ghz with turbo-boost enabled; thus, the cpu's running at 4ghz pretty much all the time since I'm mostly a gamer and only render the occasional desktopper with Apophysis. With the insane amount of case cooling in addition to the H50, I've yet to see CPU temps go above 35C, ever: even with benchmarking marathons. I'm nearing the top end voltage-wise (1.475V), but it's been ultra-stable with Overdrive, Passmark's PerformanceTest and PCMark.

Results so far:
Overdrive benchmark test: 8698
Passmark PT CPU Mark: 6881.3
PC Mark Vantage: 7722 PCMarks

Anyway, I guess this is my "any questions?" post. Since the processor itself is still so new (and I've spent far too much time fuggin' around with mine) I'm happy to discuss any questions or suggestions people have, as well as run any benchmark tests anyone's interested in seeing. It's been a blast so far: now's the time to use me as a guinea pig for your curiosity, hopefully not seeming arrogant or self-congratulatory. Just looking to add to the already "laxamentum ad absurdum" glut of information that is Tom's.

So...whaddya think?

More about : 1055t gogo

a b à CPUs
May 27, 2010 11:10:36 AM

Nice scores but this is the ultimate test.

Nice rig you've got there, I have only one question:

CAN I HAVE IT? ;) 
May 27, 2010 11:18:30 AM

But can it play Crysis ?:p 

I do have one question, this is regarding the H50 cooler.

Did it come with the AM3 frame? Because a while ago apprently you needed to contact Corsair to get the kit (ie have them delivered) if you are going to use it for AM3s.
Related resources
May 27, 2010 12:00:37 PM

I'm embarrassed to say, may, but I haven't installed it yet! I'm shamed, I know. By week's end, however, I'll throw a benchmark up.

As for the AM3 back-bracket, yes: the included bracket works for am2 and am3 sets, and the installation was WAY easier than some of the horror stories suggest (the youtube video Corsair posted is exceptionally clear and easy to follow).

Mosox, that made me :lol: ! I expected some ungodly machine-buster to pop up and got that instead. And if I happen to win the lottery anytime soon, this bugger's all yours! :) 
May 27, 2010 12:05:29 PM

thanks for that :) 

Looking forward to get a H50 soon.

BTW, Don't take the "but will it play Crysis" seriously :p 
I know it will, it's just a cliché
May 27, 2010 12:18:42 PM

Actually having revised this thread I do have one interesting question:

Is there any application which the 1055T performs better than the X4 965?

In gaming, there is hardly any difference (same with the i7 versus piix4), but I just want to know what kind of users is this CPU targetting. It is the best hexa-core CPU out there with regards to price-performance ratio but its use with regards to advantages over AMDs 955 965 and i5 750 are still not clear to me././/
!