HAF 922 help!!

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I've got a cooler master's HAF 922 and I bought a 200mm fan which can be installed on the side.
there are 2 200mm fans on it,one sucking cool air at the front and one blowing it at the top.One 120mm is also there at the rear blowing hot air.
my question is should i install side fan blowing air out or sucking in?
side fan may blow out cool air coming in from front or may blow hot air coming from the graphics.If i install it blowing air out it may suck a lot of air and the graphics may not get sufficient air to pump in or maybe i'm wrong.maybe i should set it blowing in so that it can provide the graphics cool air.
i mean i don't know what to do please guide me.

Solution
Top should be exhaust, so should rear. Front is intake.

On side fans, it's a bit less clear. Most people suggest intake fans and I'm with them. It blows additional cool air in the case near the graphics card, usually the hottest part of the PC. This air cools the graphics card, heats up and goes to the top, where the top exhaust fan blows it out.

The above poster's statement about additional dust intake sadly is true. However, I've heard some native tribes in the Amazon jungle have an ancient relic that can deal with it. They call it: the dust filter...

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Motopsychojdn you have 4 80mm's taking air in at the roof??
I mean as per the principal of science hot air is lighter and thus goes to the roof and you've got 4 on roof sucking in??
I mean I'm wondering what made you install 4 on the roof??

slo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
It is generally preferable to have more cooler air, going into the case than try to suck hot air out of the case.
It is a matter of preference in the end though and it realy doesnt make much of a real world difference.
If you have possitive air pressure you are also more likely to have less dust accumulation inside the case.

Each scenario has the advantages and disadvantages. there is no clear winner in this case.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Top should be exhaust, so should rear. Front is intake.

On side fans, it's a bit less clear. Most people suggest intake fans and I'm with them. It blows additional cool air in the case near the graphics card, usually the hottest part of the PC. This air cools the graphics card, heats up and goes to the top, where the top exhaust fan blows it out.

The above poster's statement about additional dust intake sadly is true. However, I've heard some native tribes in the Amazon jungle have an ancient relic that can deal with it. They call it: the dust filter...

Solution
Yup Sciencey smarts do tell us hot air rises etc, but that is working on the assumption that there are no other forces in effect, in other words, hot air rises if you allow it to :p (4x 80mm in roof cause I felt like it basically hehe.)
I like to mod stuff, Only thing in my life I've never really fiddled with is my B.C. Rich guitar.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=279226&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0 is my Pc's life story so far, but with 4 fans in the roof, 2x80mm and a 120mm at the front pushing to the back, The hot air in my case goes where I damn well tell it to :p

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I've placed it sucking air in for now.Lets see what happens.But for mental satisfaction I'll monitor the max temps with air in and air out and see if there's some difference or not.....
btw Thanks guys.I Appreciate your replies. :)