spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:27:35 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

>Di Farker wrote:
>> "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote in message
>> news:10i7f5fm1o9sj8a@corp.supernews.com...
>>> Never played any fan missions.
>>> How am I able to do that ?
>>> Thanks for input.
>>
>> Use DarkLoader.
>
>My heartfelt thanks.

This thread on the TTLG forums has all the answers:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

Spud wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:27:35 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:
>
>> Di Farker wrote:
>>> "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Use DarkLoader.
>>
>> My heartfelt thanks.
>>
> This thread on the TTLG forums has all the answers:
>
> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

Some good stuff there. Should keep me busy for awhile.
Thanks much.

"Mos" <Not@YourHouse> kirjoitti viestissä

> Some good stuff there. Should keep me busy for awhile.

You have no idea. The quality of the Fan Missions is amazing, and many of
them surpass the quality of the originals. Over the years the FM authors
have learned to push the Dromed (the editor used to create the Fan Missions)
to its limits, and technically many of the FMs pull off things that are
leaps ahead of what you saw in the originals. Storywise, too.

The best place for you to get the Fan Missions is from Jason Tibbitts'
'Cheap Thief Missions' at thiefmissions.com. Jason hosts nearly every
single Fan Mission out there, including everything you need to run them.

If you're not participating in the TTLG forums (Through The Looking Glass)
at www.ttlg.com, I suggest you join us there. Many of us on this newsgroup
call TTLG our 'home', and along with the Eidos and the Ion Storm Thief
Forums, I'd say it's _the_ place to go to for all things Thief. TTLG has
been around for years and is a very active and a friedly forum dedicated to
Thief (and other Looking Glass Studios games), and whatever you might want
answered regarding Thief, you're likely find there; Fan Missions, Dromeding
(creating your own missions), general discussion on Thief, hints and
spoilers, and general sillyness -- you'll find it all there ;)

There are hundreds of Fan Missions available, and nearly all of them are
worth playing. Some of them are more ambitious than others, but even the
smaller, more modest missions have provided me with loads of fun. There's
only a handful of FMs that should've really been developed further before
their release, but since I'm not paying anything for them, I really don't
want to complain. As I said, most of them are excellent, and many of them
so brilliant you will simply not believe your eyes. Yes, trust me, there
are missions that'll make your jaw drop.

Check out this message I've posted earlier this year, where I suggest some
FMs that I think range from really good to stunning:
http://groups.google.fi/groups?q=mika+latokartano+thief+fan+missions&hl=fi&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=c3sve8%241tu%241%40phys-news1.kolumbus.fi&rnum=6

It's not a complete list of what I consider great missions, and it's not a
ranking, but rather a list of missions that I've greatly enjoyed over the
many years that I've played Fan Missions, and recommend anyone to play.

Have fun with the Fan Missions, and remember: don't unzip the Fan Missions.
Darkloader will do that for you.

- Mika L

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

Mika Latokartano wrote:
> "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> kirjoitti viestissä
>
>> Some good stuff there. Should keep me busy for awhile.
>
> You have no idea. The quality of the Fan Missions is amazing, and
> many of them surpass the quality of the originals. Over the years
> the FM authors have learned to push the Dromed (the editor used to
> create the Fan Missions) to its limits, and technically many of the
> FMs pull off things that are leaps ahead of what you saw in the
> originals. Storywise, too.

<snipped to conserve space>

> Have fun with the Fan Missions, and remember: don't unzip the Fan
> Missions. Darkloader will do that for you.
>
> - Mika L

My thanks for all the good info and leads...much more
than I had ever expected.

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:31:43 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

>Never played any fan missions.
>How am I able to do that ?
>Thanks for input.

Oh boy are you in for a treat. Perhaps we'll see you over at TTLG
sometime too.

"join us...join us now..."

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

Craig Riekena wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:31:43 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:
>
>> Never played any fan missions.
>> How am I able to do that ?
>> Thanks for input.
>
> Oh boy are you in for a treat. Perhaps we'll see you over at TTLG
> sometime too.

I've looked in on some of the postings there.

> "join us...join us now..."

Taunt, challenge, or invite ?

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:10:13 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

>> "join us...join us now..."
>
>Taunt, challenge, or invite ?

Try shriek from beyond the grave, pal

Always cross a vampire, never moon a werewolf

- Randolph the Sage

To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome