Pentium D 930 Problem -- Strange ThrottleWatch

Beeo

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
After suspecting my CPU may be throttling due to overheating I replaced the heatsink and reduced temperatures. However, I am convinced throttling is not my problem since my temperatures now stay below 58c under load which is 10 degrees down from what I was previously getting.

While using ThrottleWatch though I noticed some weird behavior with my PC's frequency. It spikes between 2999Mhz and 3000.09Mhz while under load. Is this normal? I don't think it is since I ran ThrottleWatch on one of my single core CPUs and the frequency never changed. I can't figure out why my Pentium D acts like this.

I feel like I've tried everything. Help!

Specs:
CPU: Pentium D 930 3.0Ghz
Mobo: Intel D945GPM
RAM: 2GB DDR2 667Mhz
GFX: GeForce 7900 GTX 512Mb
PSU: OCZGXS 700W

Pic:
50395017.jpg

Beeo

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Yes, I did make this post. I figured if it happens on this CPU and not my other one... there might be an issue. I think its weird.

Honestly, I am grasping at straws here. This CPU can't even run Half-Life 1 smoothly. Excessive action causes my FPS to drop to 80ish and to as low as 40. I know "the human eye can only see 30fps" and blah blah, but you can feel the difference when this happens... its like the game slows down. This is the only strange thing I have found in months of changing drivers and bios settings.

I would say your problem is your old GPU and the 2GB of RAM probably your bottleneck there but your whole system is starting to show its age and I think that is the problem. 1mhz fluctuation is normal if it was throttling it would be going down to like 800mhz and you would really know at that point.